Brookfield's tennis teams will be well represented as the Spartans and Lancers combined to send five singles players and six doubles teams to the WIAA Boys State Individual Championships at Nielsen Tennis Stadium on June 5-7 in Madison.
Brookfield East, the state's top-ranked team and a heavy favorite to win state team tennis June 13-14, sent four singles players and three doubles teams, while the Lancers sent one singles and two doubles teams.
Leading the way is defending champion Felix Corwin, this year's top seed. David Horneffer is seeded fourth, Doug Francken is eighth, and and Robert Krill, who made it as a special qualifier, is an 11th seed.
On the doubles side, East has fourth-seeded Patrick Krill/Henry Termuehlen, seventh-seeded Jimmy Engelhart/Tim Langlois and 15th-seeded Nate Allenstein/Ben Stewart, who were special qualifiers.
Brookfield Central, meanwhile, sent junior Danny Schoen at singles and two doubles teams, which were special qualifiers.
The Lancers doubles teams are 14th-seeded Tarun Jella/Carlos Flores Komatsu and Ben Peterson/Henry Mirsberger.
Brookfield East scored 24 points in the WIAA Subsectional it hosted May 27 and then scored 29 points in the Wauwatosa West Sectional on May 29, to finish with 53 points.
Schoen (16-16) meets 13th-seeded Alex Rokosz (MUHS, 12-12) at 10:30 a.m.
Robert Krill (25-0) plays Daniel Wichman (Homestead, 24-4) at 11:30 a.m.
Corwin (18-0) receives a bye and will play his first match at 3 p.m. June 5 against the winner of the Daniel Moore (Kenosha Tremper, 20-10)/Morgan Ross (Sheboygan North, 21-8) match.
Francken (27-1) receives a bye and then plays the winner of the Kenan Saleh (Fond du Lac, 14-4)/Iram Turrubiartes (Sun Prairie, 23-3) at 3:30 p.m. June 5.
Horneffer (18-1) gets a bye and then faces the winner of the Mason Her (King, 17-8)/Syon Verma (Green Bay Southwest, 22-8) match at 4 p.m. June 5.
Peterson/Mirsberger play Will Simonson/Matt Munns (Madison West, 18-5) at 12:45 p.m. June 5.
Patrick Krill/Termuehlen get a bye and play the winner of the Anders Wilkum/Brad Tschoeke (Ashwaubenon, 11-4)/Alex Dallman/David Waltz (Kettle Moraine, 19-3) match at 9 a.m. June 6.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season