The Brookfield Stars traveled to Sheboygan for an early season tournament and took fifth place out of eight teams.
Brookfield defeated Fox Cities, 3-1, before falling by 6-0 counts to both St. Mary's (Mich.) and Antigo.
The Stars scored twice in the third period to cap their second come-from-behind win of the season against Fox Cities. Two of the three goals came on the power play.
St. Mary's is a prep school ranked in the top five of Michigan, and that program went on to dominate its way to the tournament title.
"The weekend was a true learning experience for our boys," coach Matthew Shapiro said. "We're a young team that played like a young team. The boys worked hard and our efforts were consistent throughout all three games. Many of our younger players are beginning to adjust to the varsity level and you can see them getting better each game. Our guys understand what we're trying to accomplish this year and we know it won't happen overnight. We have a great group of kids who will continue to get stronger each time we step on the ice."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls thinclads battle weather conditions, win at West Bend
- Busch's goal gives Brookfield Central girls soccer team win over East
- Brookfield Academy: April 30, 2015
- Greenfield girls soccer team blanks two opponents after tough loss to Greendale
- West Allis' Orlando "Pancho" Palesse honored for community, world service
- Brookfield Central gymnast moves on to Western Championships
- Brookfield East girls track team wins own invitational
- Brookfield Central Jr. Lancer eighth-graders win fourth straight state title
- Brookfield East finishes third at Mike Gain Invite