The Brookfield Stars traveled to Sheboygan for an early season tournament and took fifth place out of eight teams.
Brookfield defeated Fox Cities, 3-1, before falling by 6-0 counts to both St. Mary's (Mich.) and Antigo.
The Stars scored twice in the third period to cap their second come-from-behind win of the season against Fox Cities. Two of the three goals came on the power play.
St. Mary's is a prep school ranked in the top five of Michigan, and that program went on to dominate its way to the tournament title.
"The weekend was a true learning experience for our boys," coach Matthew Shapiro said. "We're a young team that played like a young team. The boys worked hard and our efforts were consistent throughout all three games. Many of our younger players are beginning to adjust to the varsity level and you can see them getting better each game. Our guys understand what we're trying to accomplish this year and we know it won't happen overnight. We have a great group of kids who will continue to get stronger each time we step on the ice."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Central girls track
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22
- Elmbrook Swim Club Scorecard Jan. 22
- Brookfield East boys basketball team win five in a row
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team tips Pirates, stays in race
- First-place Marquette tops Brookfield Central boys basketball team 54-41
- Miller's big game sparks Brookfield East win
- Boys hockey: Brookfield/Catholic Memorial Stars win third straight contest
- Brookfield Academy: Jan. 22, 2015