Brookfield Glacier girls hockey co-op took to the ice for their first game of the season Nov. 20 against Rock County Fury and the Glacier started where they left off last season by skating away with an 8-3 win.
Leading the way for the Glacier was the forward line combination of Arianna Smith and Morgan Hollowell. Smith, a Mukwonago junior, had three goals and three assists and Hollowell, a Brookfield Central senior, was credited with three goals and two assists. Assistant coach Kevin Cline said Hollowell was not credited with the third assist on the score sheet.
Senior Jamie Ertl of Menomonee Falls and sophomore Kelli Sorge of Waukesha North each had a goal to round out the offensive night for the Glacier.
"I was impressed with the effort in our first contest," head coach Brian Smith said. "I was excited by the offensive productivity, but I'm cautious about getting too optimistic about the quick start.
"I saw lots of areas that need attention if we are to be competitive week in and week out this season, starting with our defensive zone play. I'm never happy to give up three goals in any contest.
"In order to be competitive in the Eastern Shores Conference, you better play great team defense and we're not even good, let alone great, in our end."
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys Track: Brookfield East boys win GMC Outdoor and Triple Crown
- Boys track and field: Brookfield Central boys track team fifth at GMC Outdoor Championship
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield Central girls finish solid second in GMC Outdoor
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Lancers boys tennis team beats Falls, Fond du Lac, loses to MUHS; goes 1-2 in Saturday in
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Softball: Brookfield Central edges East, 7-6, in crosstown thriller
- Girls track and field: Brookfield East girls win Menomonee Falls Invitational
- Boys tennis: Brookfield East boys tennis team has 4-0 week
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016