First-year Brookfield East girls basketball coach Mike Goodman is looking to "turn a new page" with his first team.
Goodman, who replaces Kelly Lam, takes over a team that was 0-14 in the Greater Metro Conference and 3-20 overall. They have a conference losing streak of 15, last winning on Feb. 24, 2011, 53-50, at West Allis Hale.
"I am just looking forward to the season," Goodman said. "Hopefully the girls are willing to turn a new page into this year's basketball season and are ready for a change."
Returning will be seniors Emily Utic, Lauren Kennedy, Hanna Zimmerman and Rachel Nelson, juniors Christy Johnson and Adriana Gibbs and sophomore Kellie Goodman.
Although it is still early, two freshmen, Mariah Miller and Angela Pichler, could be considered promising newcomers.
Goodman, the former head coach at Mondovi, also said some of the girls who are coming up from the JV team have a chance to be part of the varsity squad.
These include sophomores Natasha Plavsic and Sadie Spahn and junior Sam Van Rens.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- College Volleyball: Brookfield's Leitermann on UW-Oshkosh's National Title Team
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East tennis team beats Eau Claire, Arrowhead, Neenah
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central's tennis team beats Indian Trail, West Allis Central, then wins own tournament
- GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Brookfield Central's girls track and field team wins Union Grove, Wisconsin Lutheran Invites
- Brookfield Academy: April 28
- Boys basketball: Matt Malett resigns as Brookfield East boys basketball coach
- Softball: Brookfield East softball team beats Tosa West for first victory