The Brookfield Central/East co-op gymnastics team will have four returnees from last year's team.
Coach Erin Kokta will welcome back last year's MVP, junior Kelsey Linsmeier, among the returning players.
Juniors Katie Krugel and Tori Rieves and senior Elizabeth Hessner are also coming back.
"Linsmeier is our captain for the season and is a great leader in and out of the gym," Kokta said. "We have eight new girls out for the team, including five freshmen, two sophomores and one junior. Freshman Hope Peterson is a promising newcomer and will be able to help at the varsity level this season.
"We are very young this season and I am excited to see how all the new girls are going to improve and contribute to the team."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Brookfield's Krill wins boys 16 doubles Midwest Closed Junior Championship
- Rufer, Keane key Lancers' victory over Brookfield East
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team