The Brookfield Central/East co-op gymnastics team will have four returnees from last year's team.
Coach Erin Kokta will welcome back last year's MVP, junior Kelsey Linsmeier, among the returning players.
Juniors Katie Krugel and Tori Rieves and senior Elizabeth Hessner are also coming back.
"Linsmeier is our captain for the season and is a great leader in and out of the gym," Kokta said. "We have eight new girls out for the team, including five freshmen, two sophomores and one junior. Freshman Hope Peterson is a promising newcomer and will be able to help at the varsity level this season.
"We are very young this season and I am excited to see how all the new girls are going to improve and contribute to the team."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season