The Brookfield Central/East co-op gymnastics team will have four returnees from last year's team.
Coach Erin Kokta will welcome back last year's MVP, junior Kelsey Linsmeier, among the returning players.
Juniors Katie Krugel and Tori Rieves and senior Elizabeth Hessner are also coming back.
"Linsmeier is our captain for the season and is a great leader in and out of the gym," Kokta said. "We have eight new girls out for the team, including five freshmen, two sophomores and one junior. Freshman Hope Peterson is a promising newcomer and will be able to help at the varsity level this season.
"We are very young this season and I am excited to see how all the new girls are going to improve and contribute to the team."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Aug. 28
- Around Town: Aug. 28
- Brookfield East kickers off to fast start
- Brookfield Central Lancer netters have young talent
- Brookfield East netters 11th at own invitational
- Weller named Brookfield East wrestling coach
- Werking returns to lead Brookfield East girl runners
- Brookfield East Spartans rush to 48-13 opening win