The Brookfield Central girls golf team simply had a great season.
The Lancers' Greater Metro Conference record was 41-1-1 and their overall record was 152-25-1.
Central finished first in conference, regional and sectional play.
At state, the Lancers finished ninth (374-365, 739).
The team averaged 169 for nine holes and 338 for 18 holes on the season.
Honors come Central's way
Here is a look at some of the top golfers and their honors.
Senior Christine Tang averaged 40.3 strokes for nine holes and was a first-team all-GMC pick. She averaged an 83 in WIAA play.
She was a Golf Coaches Association of Wisconsin Honorable Mention All-State selection, a GCAW Academic All-State pick and a GMC Scholar Athlete as well as team captain and team MVP.
Her best score was a 76 at the regionals in Milton.
Senior Amanda Reisner averaged a 41.5 and was a first-team all-GMC selection and averaged an 85 in WIAA play.
She was an honorable mention GCAW All-State pick.
Reisner was also a GCAW Academic All-State selection and a GMC Scholar Athlete as well as a team captain. Her top score was a 76 at Milton.
Team's best returns
Sophomore Grace Dunn averaged a team-best 39.0 and was a first-team all-GMC pick. She averaged an 83 in WIAA play.
She was a third-team GCAW All-State pick, was on the GCAW Academic All-State team and was a team MVP. Her best score was a 75 at Mee-Kwon in Mequon.
Lancers have depth
Other golfers with their average and best score of the season include: Freshman Taylor Moon (48.3, a 92 at regionals), senior Kyla Hoem (51.6, 96 at Broadlands), junior Maddie Culver (46.6, 89 at Wanaki), sophomore Angie Borowski (47.0, 94 at Appleton Invite) and freshman Alyssa Borowski (51.2, 94 at BCHC).
The Lancers lose Reisner, Tang and Hoem to graduation, but Dunn, Moon and Borowski return next fall to help get the team back to state.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Lancers win sectional title, first trip to state since 2001
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Baseball: Spartans give CMH a push, but Crusaders prevail
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5
- Brookfield bulldogs crush Hartland but lose to West Bend
- Brookfield East baseball team enjoys early starting times
- Chargers knock off Brookfield Central in semis
- Brookfield East goes 3-0 in GMC tournament
- Brookfield Central beats Greenfield, Mukwonago