The Brookfield Barracudas closed out the first half of the season by crushing Marquette, 127-57, on Dec. 13 at Brookfield East.
The Barracudas won all 11 swimming events, led by junior Brian Borden, who won two individual races and was a member of a winning relay team.
"The Marquette dual meet ends the first half of the season," Brookfield coach William Twitchell said, "so I put greater emphasis on this meet. This may have been the best top-to-bottom performance out of a boys team that we have seen in years."
Borden won 50-yard freestyle in 22.72 seconds and the 500 free in 5 minutes, 5.94 seconds. He was a member of the winning 200 medley relay along with fellow juniors Tyler Patt, Michael Flatley and Dean Zheng (1:45.82).
The 200 free relay of sophomore Reinhold Hoffman, sophomore Daniel Lee, freshman Conner Rumpit and senior Mitch Douglas also took first (1:37.59), as did the 400 free relay of Douglas, Zheng, Hoffman and Rumpit (3:33.83).
The six other individual winners were as follows: Rumpit won the 200 free (1:55), Flatley the individual medley (2:09.15) and Zheng the 100 butterfly (57.83). Patt captured the 100 breaststroke (1:06.04), senior Joe Bauer won the 100 free (52.58) and freshman Tomer Korabelnikov took first in the 100 backstroke (1:01.12).
The Barracudas also had seven runner-up performances.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield Central boys track team fifth at GMC Outdoor Championship
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield Central girls finish solid second in GMC Outdoor
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Lancers boys tennis team beats Falls, Fond du Lac, loses to MUHS; goes 1-2 in Saturday in
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Softball: Brookfield Central edges East, 7-6, in crosstown thriller
- Girls track and field: Brookfield East girls win Menomonee Falls Invitational
- Boys tennis: Brookfield East boys tennis team has 4-0 week
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- Wrestling: Mike Weller steps down as Brookfield East wrestling coach