The Brookfield Barracuda dropped their season opener, 117-66, at Muskego on Nov. 29, but they broke a 12-year-old pool record in the process.
Brian Borden, Joe Bauer, Mitch Douglas and Connor Rumpit broke the pool record in the 200-yard freestyle in 1 minute, 32.07 seconds.
"We were no match for their strength," Barracuda coach William Twitchell said of the Warriors.
The Barracuda had one other winner besides the 200 free. Borden captured the 100 backstroke in 56.8 seconds.
Twitchell has three state qualifiers returning from last season - Borden, a junior, and seniors Douglas and Bauer.
"We look to be in a rebuilding year," Twitchell said. "We lost a strong senior class last year. I have six freshmen on the team and time will tell if any of them have what it takes to contribute on the varsity level."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Elm Grove library to host free family event for Earth Day
- Central netters young, but improved
- East tennis team best in state?
- Wajda only returnee for Lancer golfers
- Henning, Vitale to lead Spartans golf team
- For East's Harper it's all about her teammates
- East's Hollingsworth looks to defend high jump title
- Brookfield Academy: April 21
- Sports Shorts: April 14