The Blue Knights beat Lake Country Lutheran 96-72 on Saturday, moving their record to 9-2 overall and 8-0 in the Midwest Classic Conference. BA raced out to a 30-13 lead after one period and coasted the rest of the way. Domonique Criss led in scoring with 31 points, followed by Sean Clarey (28 points), Ryan Clarey (15 points) and Nate Stolte (10 points). The point guard play was outstanding behind senior Forah Bangura with seven assists and junior David Gramling with five.
This week BA has three conference road games: Messmer (Jan. 8), Heritage Christian (Jan. 10) and Kenosha Christian Life (Jan. 12).
- Patrick Clarey
The girls varsity basketball team practiced over the holidays to prepare for Saturday's game against rival Lake Country Lutheran, a 58-17 loss.
The team is ready to make up for the loss with two home games this week. The Knights face Messmer (Jan. 9) and will meet Kenosha Christian Life on Jan. 11.
- Erika Schlagenhauf Student Reporter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East snaps DSHA 28-game GMC win streak
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 11, 2016
- Bruggink, Malensek spark Brookfield Central boys in wins over West Allis Central, Hale
- Brookfield East girls basketball team rallies to beat Sussex Hamilton, 66-54
- Brookfield East Junior Spartans set football registration for 2016-17
- Brookfield's Rumpit, Attenberger win multiple swim events at Classic 8/GMC tourney
- Brookfield gymnastics team keeps on rolling
- Brookfield Academy: Feb. 11, 2016
- Brookfield Central girls roll over both West Allis teams