The Brookfield Academy boys split two games, improving to 3-0 in conference and 3-2 overall.
They beat Hope Christian, 76-47, on Dec. 12 to begin the week with a conference game, but then lost a non-conference game to Chicago Vocational on Saturday at home.
Sean Clarey scored 27 points, including seven 3-pointers, and Domonique Criss added 20 in their victory. Clarey then scored 14 in their loss, with three treys. He finished the week with 41 points and 10 3-pointers and improved his overall average to 22.2 points per game.
The boys play at the West Allis Hale Tournament on Dec. 29-30, playing the Huskies on the first night.
The girls basketball team destroyed Hope Christian, 67-6, on Saturday at home. The Blue Knights held HC to two-one-three-zero points in the four quarters. The had 11 players score, led by Paige Pichler and Jenny Giera with 12 points each and Eimile Pesch with 10.
Their next game is a non-conference game at Martin Luther on Jan. 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week