The varsity boys defeated Hope Christian, 93-57, on Dec. 11 for their first road test of the season and passed in flying colors.
Junior Sean Clarey set school records for points in a game (41) and three-point shots made (11) and got plenty of support. Senior Domonique Criss added 27 points and senior Forah Bangura added eight points and 10 assists.
Two days later, the Blue Knights defeated Living Word Lutheran at home, 71-28 as Criss had 22 points, Clarey, 21, and senior Jake Kolasinski added six points and 10 rebounds.
The win improved their record to 7-0 overall and in the Midwest Classic Conference Brookfield Academy remained ranked No. 2 in the state in Division 4.
BA suffered its first loss on Saturday in the NY2LA Holiday Classic Shootout at Homestead High School in Mequon, which brought together some of the top teams and players from around the state.
The Knights lost to Division 2 powerhouse Wisconsin Lutheran, 76-49, as Clarey led the scoring with 18 points and Criss added 15. Bangura continued to prove why he is one of the best point guards around by registering seven assists and just one turnover against Vikings intense full-court pressure.
The Knights (7-1) should not be impacted in the state rankings because of who their opponent was.
BA plays New Berlin Eisenhower, the ninth-ranked team in Division 2, during the Dec. 27 New Berlin Christmas Tournament at New Berlin West High School.
- Patrick Clarey
The girls are off to a strong start. The team is currently 3-4, and 3-2 in conference play, after losing, 45-34, to Living Word Lutheran on Friday.
With seven games under their belt, the Knights are currently led in scoring by captains senior Josie Francis and junior Kourtney Krohn, along with sophomore Jamie King.
They face Milwaukee Hamilton on Saturday at home.
- Erika Schlagenhauf, student reporter
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine
- Football: Former Brookfield East coach Tom Swittel goes out with WFCA All-Star Game win
- Brookfield Bulldogs, Blue Sox begin Land O'Lakes stretch run
- New Brookfield Central AD Don Kurth to bring wide variety of experience
- Sports Notes: July 14
- Baseball: Brookfield East's upset bid falls short in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team wins three of final four regular-season games