The Blue Knights improved to 18-2 overall and 16-0 in the conference and also guaranteed them the 2012-2013 Midwest Classic Conference Championship following three wins last week.
BA is currently ranked seventh in The Associated Press and sixth in Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Poll.
The varsity boys traveled to Racine Lutheran on Jan. 29 for a non-conference game against the Crusaders, who were runner-up in Division 5 last year and again look to make a deep tournament run.
BA won, 55-49, with the scoring of junior Sean Clarey (23 points) and senior Domonique Criss (14 points) leading the way. Freshman Ryan Clarey contributed seven points and 10 rebounds and junior Nate Stolte added six points and nine rebounds.
Two days later, the Knights traveled to St. John's Northwestern Military Academy for a Midwest Classic Conference game and won 76-52, once again behind Sean Clarey (27 points) and Criss (16 points). Freshmen Joe Lemon had a breakout performance, contributing eight points, 10 rebounds and three steals and senior Forah Bangura added six points and six assists.
Finally on Saturday, BA defeated Living Word Lutheran, 59-33, as they were led in scoring by Sean Clarey (31 points) and Criss (21 points).
- Coach Patrick Clarey
The varsity girls split two games last week, beating St. Joan Antida, 47-43, on Jan. 29, and losing to Living Word Lutheran three days later, 58-36, after a hard-fought first half.
- Erika Schlagenhauf, student reporter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central Sports: Sept. 3
- Central tennis team beats Tosa West
- Brookfield East kickers blank Homestead, 2-0
- Central's boys volleyball team only returns three letter winners
- Key injuries might slow Brookfield Central's girls XC team
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend