The varsity team defeated University School of Milwaukee, 50-48, on Feb. 12, as senior Domonique Criss had 20 points and juniors Sean Clarey and Nate Stolte added nine and eight points, respectively.
Junior Josiah Marsh hit at a 70-foot buzzer beater at the end of the third quarter to tie the game 44-44. Freshman Ryan Clarey tipped in a missed 3-pointer by Criss as time expired to give BA the win.
Two days later, on Senior Night, the team honored its five seniors - Criss, Jake Kolasinski, Kaiden Evans, Forah Bangura and Merrick Wells - by beating Lake Country Lutheran, 74-68.
Sean Clarey had 25 points, Criss had 24 and Ryan Clarey and Stolte each added 10 points.
BA is ranked third in the region for Division 4, and has a bye in the first round of the WIAA state playoffs. They will play the winner of the Ozaukee/Milwaukee Career Tech matchup on Feb. 22 at home.
- Coach Patrick Clarey
The varsity girls traveled to Kenosha Christian Life on Feb. 12, losing 59-37 in a well-fought battle.
Three days later, they faced University School of Milwaukee at home, winning 37-35. That night they also honored the team's only senior, Josie Francis. Francis played one of her best games that night, scoring 14 points.
Thank you to all the Lower School students who came to support the Knights on Friday.
The team finishes regular season play this week, facing Martin Luther on Feb. 18 and Wayland Academy on Feb. 21.
-Erika Schlagenhauf Student Reporter
The BA boys swim team competed Friday at the WIAA Division 2 State Championships at the UW Natatorium in Madison. Sophomore Kevin Van Cleave represented the team, having qualified in the 200 individual medley (IM) and 500 freestyle events.
With many of his teammates cheering him on, Van Cleave won the 500 freestyle in 4:42.63, thus becoming the first state champion in the BA boys team's history. He placed third in the 200 IM with a time of 1:55.85.
- Kevin Van Cleave Student Reporter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Central tennis team beats Tosa West
- Brookfield East kickers blank Homestead, 2-0
- Central's boys volleyball team only returns three letter winners
- Key injuries might slow Brookfield Central's girls XC team
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend
- East rushes for 434 yards in win over Popes