The girls swim team had a fantastic sectional meet on Nov. 3 at Plymouth High School. The meet began with the 200 medley relay, made up of juniors Emily Marks, Morgan Malatesta and Abbi Minessale and sophomore Carissa Herbert, which placed ninth with a time of 2:15.12.
Individually, Marks swam the 100 freestyle, placing 12th with a time of 1:00.61, as well as the 100 breaststroke, in which she placed ninth with a personal best of 1:13.81.
Malatesta also swam well, placing 14th in the 100 butterfly (1:12.81) and 21st in the 100 backstroke (1:15.57). Minessale finished her first season with an incredible 50 free (31.27).
The highlight of the meet was Herbert's 50 freestyle. Along with a solid 100 breast (1:31.20), she swam the 50 in 29.01. Unfortunately, she did not achieve her goal of breaking 29 seconds. But during the 200 free relay, Herbert led off with a personal best of 28.90. With her help, the Blue Knights were able to break the school record with a 1:57.64.
- Morgan Malatesta, student reporter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Shorts: April 14
- Free Tight End Camp set for fifth season
- Brookfield Academy: April 17
- Brookfield East boys win track Spartan Invitational
- Brookfield East girls track captures four first places
- East brings 3-game win streak into break
- Elizabeth Flatley breaks her 1,600 meter mark at GMC Indoor Championships
- Sports Wrapups: April 10
- Brookfield East's track and field streak is over after it finishes second at indoor meet