The girls swim team had a fantastic sectional meet on Nov. 3 at Plymouth High School. The meet began with the 200 medley relay, made up of juniors Emily Marks, Morgan Malatesta and Abbi Minessale and sophomore Carissa Herbert, which placed ninth with a time of 2:15.12.
Individually, Marks swam the 100 freestyle, placing 12th with a time of 1:00.61, as well as the 100 breaststroke, in which she placed ninth with a personal best of 1:13.81.
Malatesta also swam well, placing 14th in the 100 butterfly (1:12.81) and 21st in the 100 backstroke (1:15.57). Minessale finished her first season with an incredible 50 free (31.27).
The highlight of the meet was Herbert's 50 freestyle. Along with a solid 100 breast (1:31.20), she swam the 50 in 29.01. Unfortunately, she did not achieve her goal of breaking 29 seconds. But during the 200 free relay, Herbert led off with a personal best of 28.90. With her help, the Blue Knights were able to break the school record with a 1:57.64.
- Morgan Malatesta, student reporter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Big 4th quarter sparks Brookfield Central victory
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team pulls away in fourth quarter
- Big 4th quarter sparks BC victory
- Central boys pull away in fourth quarter
- Brookfield Central wrestlers defeat Spartans
- Brookfield/Cathoic Memorial Stars split two games on weekend
- Brookfield-Elm Grove sports notes: Dec. 18, 2014
- Smith's basket closes out Brookfield East win over Bulldogs
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup, Dec. 18