Fall award winners
The following players were the Fall 2012 Upper School Sports Award Winners.
Cross Country - MVP: Elias VolkMerit, Ethan Warren, Mary Griffin; Merit Award: Natalie Kustner. Field Hockey - Defensive MVP: Annie Eggert; Offensive MVP: Anne Vipond; Merit: Meara Malloy. Girls JV: MVP: Saffia Bajwa; Merit: Aliyah Quereshi. Football - MVP: Jacob Kolasinski; Team Merit: Michael Lawinger; JV: MVP: Jack Leszczynski; Team Merit: Tizoc Zarate.
Soccer - MVP: David Gramling; Merit - Michael Hur, JV: MVP - Matthew Geenen; Merit: Alexander Lumsden. Swim - MVP: Emily Marks; Merit: Morgan Malatesta; Merit, Most Improved: Abigail Minessale. Tennis - MVP: Michelle Sikes; Merit: Miya Doniparthi. JV: MVP: Anna Graf; Merit: Amber Krueger. Volleyball - MVP: Lindsey Johnson, Merit: Josephine Francis. Volleyball - JV: MVP: Brighid Pesch, Merit: Sabriah Abdul-Wahid.
BA sent four fencers to the Stevenson Invitational in Lincolnshire, Ill., on Saturday, the first competition of the high school season.
Juniors Saify Sobhani and Jon Novak competed in men's epée and sophomores Jemma Kloss and Emily Bannister fenced in the women's epée and foil, respectively. It was the first tournament for Novak and Kloss.
They all won at least two bouts during the pool round, and the boys won their first direct elimination bouts in men's epée. The final finishes have not been announced.
At least eight Blue Knights plan to compete in the Catholic Memorial Invitational on Nov. 17.
- Alexandra Arkin Sports Report Editor
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East's Bullen, Carr key GMC Outdoor title
- Brookfield East girls track team earns second straight triple crown
- Brookfield Central baseball team returns nine letter winners
- Brookfield Central girls earn 10 top-three finishes at GMC Outdoor
- Brookfield East's Knight pitches one-hit victory
- Brookfield Central boys finish third in GMC tennis
- Brookfield East boys tennis team finishes second in GMC
- Staszkiewicz sparks Brookfield Central girls soccer team to huge win
- Brookfield East has plenty of talent returning on diamond