The Brookfield Acedmy girls played two of its best games of the season last week, finishing regular season play with a 10-12 record, 9-9 in the Midwest Classic, tied for fifth place.
They played Martin Luther, their final non-conference opponent, losing 43-39 in overtime on Feb. 18. Junior Kourtney Krohn scored 20 points. Unfortunately, she also suffered a shoulder injury that night and was unable to play in the Feb. 21 game at Wayland Academy.
In their best defensive game of the season, the Knights lost 53-37 to Wayland. Junior Clare Swietlik did a good job defending Wayland's best player. Krohn's absence left big shoes to fill, but freshman Erika Schlagenhauf and junior Grace Rauh stepped up and had 11 and eight points, respectively.
The seventh-seeded Blue Knights met 10th-seeded Laconia on Tuesday at home in a WIAA regional quarterfinal game. The winner of that game plays Friday at second-seeded Markesan.
- Erika Schlagenhauf Student Reporter
The Blue Knights saw their 14-game winning streak and their season come to an end Saturday, dropping a 59-49 decision to St. Mary's Springs Academy in a WIAA regional final.
The Blue Knights led 25-17 at intermission, but St. Mary's had an 18-8 third quarter to take a 35-33 lead going into the fourth quarter. BA was outscored, 24-16, in the final period to see its season come to an end.
Domonique Criss led all scorers with 18 points and Sean Clarey added 14. Corey Nies had 12 points, one of four double-figure scorers for St. Mary's (20-4).
The Blue Knights beat Ozaukee, 62-48, on Friday at home in a WIAA regional semifinal game. They took a 31-18 halftime lead and rolled to the win. Clarey had 22 points and Criss added 18. Hunter Radtke had 13 for Ozaukee (16-8).
The Blue Knights finished the season with a 21-3 record.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Brookfield's Krill wins boys 16 doubles Midwest Closed Junior Championship
- Rufer, Keane key Lancers' victory over Brookfield East
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team