The Brookfield Acedmy girls played two of its best games of the season last week, finishing regular season play with a 10-12 record, 9-9 in the Midwest Classic, tied for fifth place.
They played Martin Luther, their final non-conference opponent, losing 43-39 in overtime on Feb. 18. Junior Kourtney Krohn scored 20 points. Unfortunately, she also suffered a shoulder injury that night and was unable to play in the Feb. 21 game at Wayland Academy.
In their best defensive game of the season, the Knights lost 53-37 to Wayland. Junior Clare Swietlik did a good job defending Wayland's best player. Krohn's absence left big shoes to fill, but freshman Erika Schlagenhauf and junior Grace Rauh stepped up and had 11 and eight points, respectively.
The seventh-seeded Blue Knights met 10th-seeded Laconia on Tuesday at home in a WIAA regional quarterfinal game. The winner of that game plays Friday at second-seeded Markesan.
- Erika Schlagenhauf Student Reporter
The Blue Knights saw their 14-game winning streak and their season come to an end Saturday, dropping a 59-49 decision to St. Mary's Springs Academy in a WIAA regional final.
The Blue Knights led 25-17 at intermission, but St. Mary's had an 18-8 third quarter to take a 35-33 lead going into the fourth quarter. BA was outscored, 24-16, in the final period to see its season come to an end.
Domonique Criss led all scorers with 18 points and Sean Clarey added 14. Corey Nies had 12 points, one of four double-figure scorers for St. Mary's (20-4).
The Blue Knights beat Ozaukee, 62-48, on Friday at home in a WIAA regional semifinal game. They took a 31-18 halftime lead and rolled to the win. Clarey had 22 points and Criss added 18. Hunter Radtke had 13 for Ozaukee (16-8).
The Blue Knights finished the season with a 21-3 record.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend
- East rushes for 434 yards in win over Popes
- Brookfield East soccer team looking to defend title
- Lueck does it again, wins fourth straight game for Bulldogs: Brookfield Bulldogs back in LOL Grand Championships
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Brookfield East Spartans
- Brookfield Academy football team should be contenders