Brookfield East won the Ron Burling Invitational at Menomonee Falls on May 8 in a warm-up for the Greater Metro Conference Championships.
East scored 110.50 points to Germantown's 98. Kyle Rohde led the way, taking first in the long jump (21 feet, 6½ inches), second in triple jump (44-5½), third in 300-meter hurdles (42.52) and sixth in 110 hurdles (15.63).
Brad Johnson won the 400 (49.94) and two relays also took first - the 1,600 relay (3:28.70) and the 3,200 relay first (7:58.03).
Three athletes took second - Glen Harold in pole vault (14-0), Steven Browne in 800 (2:01.75) and Trenton Daniels in 400 (50.06).
The 400 relay finished fourth (44.66) and Scott Douglas in high jump (5-8), Alec Brown in 300 hurdles (43.18), Mitch Douglas in the 110 hurdles (15:57) and the 800 relay (1:33.31) all were fifth.
Placing sixth were Zach Schober in 200 (23.62), Garth Post, in pole vault (12-0) and Ryan Dundun in 1,600 (4:41.77), while Mike MacCudden was eighth in 800 (2:06.51).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete