The Brookfield Central boys finished second at the eight-team Dan Benson Invitational at Wauwatosa West on Friday, scoring 113 points to finish behind meet-winner Homestead (185).
The Lancers had three first-place winners in Amir Alwan in the 800 meters (2 minutes, 1.05 seconds), Carl Hirsch in the 3,200 (9:32.50) and Elliott Yanasak in the pole vault (11 feet, 6 inches).
Chris Dubois finished second in the pole vault (11-0) and fifth in the discus throw (126-6½), while Andrew Dusing, 800 (2:01.76), Robert Rossmiller, 110 hurdles (17.25) and Wes Vann, 1,600 (4:36.89), each finished second.
Two relay teams finished third - the 3,200 of Alwan, Dusing, Steven Knopp and Kevin Reindflesh (8:48.52) and the 800 of Vantwan Melton, Jason Toney, Marcus Crum and Dan Seaman (1:35.26).
Individuals taking third were Ryan Jehly in the 110 hurdles (17.95) and Brandon Meyer in the 400 (53.62).
Nick Petersson was fourth in the 3,200 (9:49.65) and Donnell Ward in the high jump (5-8) and Chikwe Obasih in the shot put (49-7½) also took fourth.
Marcus Crum in the 100 (11.77), Gabe Poser in the 1,600 (4:42.70), Alex Espada-Hernandez in the 300 hurdles (45.28), Jordan McMorris in the 400 (55.10) and Melton in the triple jump (39-1½) all finished fifth for the Lancers.
The 400 relay of Toney, Crum, Meyer and Seaman (47.70) and the 1,600 relay of Meyer, McMorris, Phillip Griffen and Espada-Hernandez (3:43.80) also took fifth.
Other finishes were Seaman, seventh, long jump (18-4½); Ryan Johnson, sixth, shot put (47-5½), and seventh, discus throw (124-6); Danny Buck, eighth, 1,600 (4:48.50); Joe Baker, eighth, high jump (5-6); Danny Turelli, seventh, shot put (46-3½), and eighth, discus throw (113-6); and Andrew Brath, eighth, pole vault (9-0).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week