Brookfield East swept Wauwatosa East, 7-0, on April 23 to start a busy week.
Winning at singles for the Spartans were Tim Corwin (7-6 (2), 6-0), Felix Corwin (6-2, 6-0), Jimmy Engelhart (6-0, 6-1) and Tyler Kendler (6-1, 6-1).
Winning at doubles were Ben Klein/Ben Stewart (6-2, 6-2), Henri Termuehlen/Michael Amato (6-3, 7-6 (11)) and Cole Leonovicz/Tim Langlois (6-1, 6-1).
The Lancers then lost to Sussex Hamilton, 4-3, with their varsity reserve team the next day.
"They proved to be a deeper team and came away with wins at two, three and four singles and three doubles," East coach Linda Lied said. "The varsity reserve team only has two seniors on it and the youth and inexperience is what surfaced."
The Spartans then played round one of the Trojan/Spartan Invite on Friday, beating Greendale, 7-0.
Felix Corwin had a solid win over Matt Grieshop, a state qualifier in 2011 (6-2, 6-2) and the first doubles team of Tim Corwin/Klein also had a solid performance (6-1, 6-1).
Engelhart also won (6-0, 6-0) as did Amato (6-1, 6-2) and Ed Oakes (6-2, 6-4) at singles. Stewart/ Kendler (6-2, 6-0), Leonovicz/Termuehlen (6-4, 6-2) and Billy Dietz/Michael Wolff (6-0, 6-4) won at doubles.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete