Brookfield East and lead runner senior Brad Johnson finished fourth in the 13-team Leighton Betz Invitational on Friday, hosted by West Allis Hale at Greenfield Park.
The Spartans scored 122 points and finished behind Arrowhead (38), West Allis Hale (82) and Cedarburg (89).
Johnson finished fourth in 16 minutes, 35 seconds, and right behind him in fifth place was junior Stephen Browne, who ran a 16:44.
Junior Andrew Pelto was 26th (17:56), sophomore Alex McTaggert took 28th (17:58) and senior Kyriel Hansen was 59th (19:16). Also running for East were junior Peter Kuenzle (65th, 19:31) and senior Nathan Dillon (70th, 19:41).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete