Brian Borden and Mitch Douglas led the Brookfield Barracudas to a runaway victory in the Bob White Invitational on Saturday at Wauwatosa West.
Brookfield rolled up a large margin of victory (128.5 points), easily winning the 10-team invite with 476 points over Waukesha North/Kettle Moraine (347.5).
"The Bob White signals the beginning of the championship season," veteran Brookfield coach William Twitchell said. "It is one of the few remaining 36-entry meets, which traditionally is the best test of team strength. We had fun flexing our team depth."
Borden won the 200-yard individual medley in 2 minutes, 1.30 seconds, Douglas won the 50 freestyle (22.94) and each teamed up with the winning 200 free relay (1:31.80) and the 400 free relay (3:25.57) along with Dean Zheng and Joe Bauer.
Borden also took second in the breaststroke (1:02.08) while Bauer was second in the 50 free (22.94) and fourth in the 100 free (51.71).
Connor Rumpit was third in the 100 butterfly (58.39) and Michael Flatley was third in the 500 free (5:10.17) and fifth in the 200 IM (2:09.85).
Tyler Patt was fourth in the 100 breast (1:05.75) and seventh in the 200 IM (2:11.40) and Daniel Lee was fifth in the 100 breast (1:09.07).
Three sixth-place performers were Zheng in the 200 free (1:56.27) and Jeffrey Teng in the 100 breast (1:10.76) and the 200 medley relay of Tomer Korabelnikov, Patt, Collin Steen and Rumpit (1:51.56).
Douglas in the 100 free (52.42) and John Heal in 1-meter diving (272) finished seventh and Zheng in the 100 free (52.71) and Korabelnikov in the 100 backstroke (1:02.29) took eighth.
Rounding out the Top-10 was Steen in the 100 fly (1:01.66).
Brookfield won 129-47 over West Allis in a Greater Metro Conference dual meet Jan. 24.
The 200 medley relay of Bauer, Teng, Zheng and Peter Jing (1:49.20), the 200 free relay of Korabelnikov, Douglas, Reinhold Hoffman and Flatley (1:37.66) and the 400 free relay of Douglas, Korabelnikov, Zheng and Jing (3:36.37) were all winners.
Individual winners for the Barracudas were Zheng in the 200 free (1:59.73), Patt in the 200 IM (2:11.03), Douglas in the 50 free (22.25), Korabelnikov in the 100 fly (1:01.68), Bauer in the 100 free (50.20), Borden in 500 free (5:06.46), Teng in the 100 breast (1:11.05) and Mark Horvatin in 100 back (1:08.76).
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- College Volleyball: Brookfield's Leitermann on UW-Oshkosh's National Title Team
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East tennis team beats Eau Claire, Arrowhead, Neenah
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central's tennis team beats Indian Trail, West Allis Central, then wins own tournament
- GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Brookfield Central's girls track and field team wins Union Grove, Wisconsin Lutheran Invites
- Brookfield Academy: April 28
- Boys basketball: Matt Malett resigns as Brookfield East boys basketball coach
- Softball: Brookfield East softball team beats Tosa West for first victory