The Brookfield Barracudas took second at the Classic 8/Greater Metro Conference Swimming Championship on Saturday at Waukesha South.
Muskego won the event with 456 points, while Brookfield finished with 379 points, well before third-place Arrowhead (311).
"If you had told me in November that we would be able to out swim both Arrowhead and Waukesha South and yet still feel unfulfilled, I would question your sanity," Brookfield coach William Twitchell said. "It was an unusual year in our hybrid conference.
"And if you ask me, Muskego could have waited another year to join our little party. The Barracudas did everything possible to bring the win home, but in the end, it was not enough."
Brookfield junior Brian Borden was the Barracudas' star being part of the winning 200-yard freestyle relay with Dean Zheng, Joe Bauer and Mitch Douglas in 1 minute, 29.22 seconds.
He also won their only individual event - the 100 breast stroke (1:00.79) - and also took third in the 200 individual medley (2:00.30).
Douglas took third in the 50 free (22.08) and sixth in the 100 free (50.46) individually and was a member of the third-place 400 free relay of Bauer, Conner Rumpit and Borden (3:21.47).
Senior John Heal was fourth in the 1-meter diving (308.85), while Bauer was fourth in the 100 free and sixth in the 50 free (22.61).
Tyler Patt was fifth in the 100 breast stroke (1:05.21) and ninth in the 200 IM (2:10.63). Conner Rumpit was sixth in the 200 free (1:52.09) and ninth in the 100 butterfly (57.07).
Daniel Lee was sixth in the 100 breast (1:06.56), seventh in the 200 IM (2:08.80) and 10th in the 100 fly (57.55).
The 200 medley relay of Tomer Korabelnikov, Lee, Patt and Peter Jing (1:49.88) placed eighth, while Korabelnikov was tied for ninth in the 100 backstroke (1:01.14) and Zheng was 10th in the 200 free (1:55.71).
Brookfield will now take part in the Nicolet sectional Feb. 9.
Swim Team Scores
Saturday, Waukesha South
Waukesha North/Kettle Moraine 310
Waukesha South /CMH 270
Waukesha West/Mukwonago 143
West Allis 54
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: Oct. 8, 2015
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team second at Gigl Memorial Invite
- Big second half helps Brookfield Central football team defeat Chargers
- Brookfield Central volleyball team goes 2-0, goes on to win Neenah Invite
- Derrick Banks named Brookfield East girls soccer coach
- Brookfield Academy Sports: Oct. 8
- Brookfield East to induct seven into Hall of Fame
- Football: Brookfield East rolls over Menomonee Falls behind Santiago-Lloyd's four touchdowns
- Brookfield East rolls over Falls, 38-0, to clinch playoff berth