The Brookfield East girls finished sixth out of 12 teams at their own Spartan Invitational track meet on April 14.
Katie Tolan had the best performance for the Spartans with a second-place finish in the 400 meters in 1 minute, 1.59 seconds. The two-mile relay (names not available) finished third (10:07.70).
The Spartans had four fourth-place finishes: Kerry Johnson in the high jump (5 feet), Jenna Hatab in the 100-meter hurdles (17.69), Taylor Conway in the mile run (5:39.76) and the 800 relay (names not available) (1:54.39).
Nina Dismukes was sixth in the 300 hurdles and eighth in the 100 (14.49). Kaleigh Wurster was sixth in the long jump (14-10) and Sophie Carr finished sixth in the discus throw (96-3).
Ali Close in the high jump (4-10) and the mile relay (names not available) each finished seventh (4:35.33).
East's final two scorers were eighth-place finishers Lauren Englehart in the triple jump (33-7.25) and the 400 relay (names not available) (54.24).
Arrowhead won the event with 146 points and Brookfield Central was second (115.25). East scored 51 points to finish sixth.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14