Brookfield East's Kielblock stepping away from court
East girls basketball coach puts emphasis on family
Tara Kielblock has stepped down as head girls basketball coach at Brookfield East High School after four seasons, citing a desire to spend more time with her family.
Kielblock, nee Schmitt, was married in October, and she made her decision to resign after the basketball season ended.
She will continue teaching physical education at Brookfield East High School.
"I talked it over with my husband (Kurt), my family. We talked about what we wanted to do. Basketball has been a big part of our lives.
"I've been coaching right out of college. It's such a long season. It's now year-round. But there are other things I wanted to do. It would not have been fair to continue to do the job and try and do some of the things with my family I would like to do."
Kielblock was an outstanding basketball and soccer player at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
She began her career as an assistant at Brookfield East in 2005 and took over as head coach the following season.
She finished with a 30-26 record, a .536 winning percentage, in Greater Metro Conference play and a 43-46 career record (.483) highlighted by two third-place finishes in the 2006-07 (tie) and 2007-08 seasons.
"Coach Kielblock has been an exceptional head coach and an incredible role model for our players," said Athletic Director Corey Golla. "Our kids have grown under her leadership."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- SPORTS NOTES NOV. 19
- Glacier girls hockey to return eight players
- SCORECARD: Elmbrook Swim Club
- Brookfield/Catholic Memorial boys hockey team co-op begins fourth season
- Brookfield East has surprising gridiron season
- Wauwatosa East volleyball season has solid season despite just missing another trip to state
- Brookfield Central's Kennedy proud of football team's effort in winning conference title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 26, 2015
- Oak Creek girls basketball team pulls away from Brookfield Central in second half