Senior running back Donavin Tucker scored two long touchdowns and sparked Brookfield East to a 27-7 victory at Waukesha North tonight.
Tucker scored from 32 yards out with 9:56 left in the first quarter and Colin DeVoe's point after gave the Spartans a 7-0 lead. Senior lineback Tyler Lecher, who shared the game ball with Tucker, then led a defense that shut down the Northstars until 9:35 left in the game.
Chris Aho tossed a 30-yard touchdown pass to Steve Peterson, who also kicked the PAT to tie the game at 7-7.
But the Spartans quickly bounced back with an 8 play, 62-yard drive which ended when Skyler Holden rolled right away from a North rush and found Aaron Dillon in the right corner of the endzone for the score and a 14-7 lead with 6:31 left to play.
East then forced the Northstars to punt and Tedrick Boone ran 15 yards to start the drive and Tucker broke free on the fifth and last play of the drive and raced 62 yards for the score and a 21-7 advantage.
"My linemen did a good job blocking, opened up a hole and I just took off when I broke into the secondary," Tucker said after the game.
The Spartans' last score came after Nick Tongas intercepted a pass and ran it back to the 3-yard line, where Boone took it in on a two-run for the 27-7 final advantage.
East is now 2-0 and they open up next Friday against Hamilton.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield Academy stumbles late in D5
- Football: Germantown football team advances with easy win over Brookfield Central
- Football: Cedarburg poised for North Shore rematch
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Girls swimming: Central gets best of East in swimming dual, with conference meet still ahead
- Boys soccer: Brookfield East leaves Pewaukee feeling foggy
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Library Recommendations: Oct. 23