Junior Sarah Werking, following two years of top place finishes at conference, sectionals and state meet appearances, returns to lead the 2014 Spartans.
"As a varsity team, we will look to her leadership and consistent performances," coach Kim Leupold said.
Leupold will have talented returnees including juniors Molly Perkins, Alex Sinson and Lisa Browne.
New to the team last year from Las Vegas was junior Elizabeth Noel who patiently rehabilitated a hip injury and is now back and will be a strong varsity contender in the front of the pack.
"Elizabeth will be stepping up and leading us this season," Leupold said. "We are lucky to have sophomore Madison Lecher running well. She came on strong last season to make a difference to our varsity team and will do so again."
As for freshmen, keep an eye on Emily Breider and Christine Brankle as they race and make a varsity debut at the PT Timing Meet at Arrowhead. There will also be plenty to watch with Ellen Bruhn and Maddie Fitzpatrick returning with varsity experience as well.
The Lady Spartans will take the line with a team roster of 47 runners.
"We have a very special tight-knit group of amazing young women," Leupold said. "I'm excited to see the potential of this group all come together this season."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Academy
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team beats Marquette behind Bruggink's 31 points
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 4, 2016
- Lineup change leads to victory for Brookfield Central wrestlers
- Brookfield East Junior Spartans set football registration
- 10 college-bound Brookfield student-athletes sign letters of intent
- Girls basketball: BC's lead evaporates against DSHA
- ELMBROOK SWIM CLUB JAN. 28
- Sports Shorts: Jan. 28, 2016