Brookfield East golfers returning four starters
Galang is Spartans all-conference performer
Brookfield East girls golf coach Chris Minchk will return four starters this season, led by Nina Galang, a first-team All-Greater Metro Conference performer.
Maddie McCann, Patty Altenbach and Claire Denton are returning from last season, while newcomers include Carly Wahlen, Sarah Drozdowicz and Emily Gaskell.
"We are returning four starters from last year's team that placed second in the Greater Metro Conference (three seniors and one junior)," Minchk said. "I'm excited about the experience that we are returning, but we can't get complacent with our games. We need to continue to work and get better each day."
Minchk is looking forward to watching Galang this season.
"Nina is ready for a great season," he said. "She's put in the time over the winter/summer to take her game to the next level. She's going to turn some heads this year with her play."
East finished third with a 380 at the Watertown Invitational on Aug. 15. Galang shot an 83 and finished fourth, and McCann shot a 92 and finished eighth. Altenbach had a 97, Denton had a 108 and Whalen finished with a 120.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season