Brookfield East golfers returning four starters
Galang is Spartans all-conference performer
Brookfield East girls golf coach Chris Minchk will return four starters this season, led by Nina Galang, a first-team All-Greater Metro Conference performer.
Maddie McCann, Patty Altenbach and Claire Denton are returning from last season, while newcomers include Carly Wahlen, Sarah Drozdowicz and Emily Gaskell.
"We are returning four starters from last year's team that placed second in the Greater Metro Conference (three seniors and one junior)," Minchk said. "I'm excited about the experience that we are returning, but we can't get complacent with our games. We need to continue to work and get better each day."
Minchk is looking forward to watching Galang this season.
"Nina is ready for a great season," he said. "She's put in the time over the winter/summer to take her game to the next level. She's going to turn some heads this year with her play."
East finished third with a 380 at the Watertown Invitational on Aug. 15. Galang shot an 83 and finished fourth, and McCann shot a 92 and finished eighth. Altenbach had a 97, Denton had a 108 and Whalen finished with a 120.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: East nips Central, 24-20, in game which featured big plays
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- East nips Lancers, 24-20, to get back into GMC race
- Around Town: Sept. 18
- Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 18
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Sept. 18
- Young Brookfield Central Lancer spikers rally to beat East girls
- Sports Notes: Sept. 11
- Brookfield Central runners win Rocket Invite