Brookfield Central golfers seek third straight GMC title
Brookfield Central's Grace Dunn was GMC Player of Year, All-State second-team
Coach Brian Scrobel's Brookfield Central girls golf team looks to build on last season's successes, and that shouldn't be hard since the Lancers return their top three golfers.
The Lancers won the Greater Metro Conference for the second straight season, going 41-1 in league play. Their overall record was a team high 173-59, with a nine-hole average of 172.5. Their team 18-hole mark of 345 was 17 strokes below the WIAA average.
Central was second in the WIAA regional, first in the WIAA sectional and ninth at state (378/371, 749).
Returning from last season will be senior Grace Dunn, a second-team All-State golfer who made several first-team honors and was the GMC Player of the Year.
Junior Taylor Moon (first-team All-GMC) and senior Alyssa Borowski (second-team All-GMC) also return and look to improve on a strong 2013 season.
Scrobel said the team is looking forward to contributions from Ella Anderson, junior Emily Oberst, junior Caitlin Kelly and a quartet of strong freshmen golfers — Emily Balding, Alexis Romero, Emma Whitfield and Sophia Sun.
Central finished fourth out of 22 teams at the Pius Invite behind Dunn, who finished third with a 72, Moon (86), Balding (89), Borowski (96), and Kelly and Whitfield (102 each) on Aug. 14.
They were sixth at the Madison Edgewood/PGA Rewards Invite on Aug. 15, as Dunn shot a 76 to finish sixth.
Oberst/Balding had an 82, followed by Romero (90), Moon (98), Borowski and Kelly, each with a 100.
GCAW TOP 10
2. Madison Edgewood
7. Brookfield Central
8. Green Bay Notre Dame
9. Fox Valley Lutheran
10. Whitefish Bay
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball can't quite end streak
- Baseball: Brookfield East uses five-run first inning to beat Lancers
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Arnold throws no-hitter, Blue Sox blank Menomonee Falls
- Elmbrook Swim Club hosted All-American meet at Brookfield East
- Softball: Brookfield Central had solid season under new coaching staff
- Elmbrook Swim Club: June 2