Team Wisconsin made the long trek to the Central Zone Club Swim meet held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on August 1-3, with three athletes from the Menomonee Falls Swim Club included.
This is a huge meet for age group swimmers, as it only allows athletes with "AAA" qualifying time standards to attend.
Cassie Stegner (six individual events plus four relays), Maddie Paar (six individual events) and Corrina Winkler (one event) all went down to swim for Team Wisconsin. Stegner made her mark as she won the 100-yard freestyle and also took 10th in the 50 free, fourth in the 200 free, 11th in the 400 free and 14th in the 200 individual medley.
She was also part of the winning 400 free and 400 medley relay teams, as well as helped the 200 free crew take second and the 200 medley team claim a fourth.
Paar was 24th in the 400 free, 25th in the 50 backstroke and 22nd in the 200 backstroke.
The MFSC also recently recognized its graduating seniors.
"These seniors have been with our club for many years," said head coach Scott Mueller. "I'd like to congratulate them on their accomplishments, thank them for their leadership and wish them well as they move on to college and beyond."
John Seiler, Alle Ragland, Rachel Siebenaller and Sam Piette will continue their swimming careers when they head off to school in late August. Seiler, a Falls high school record holder in the 50 free and 100 butterfly, will swim for Case Western; Ragland for Savanah Art and Design; Siebenaller will attend Northern Iowa University; and Piette will become a Warhawk at UW-Whitewater.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Brookfield's Krill wins boys 16 doubles Midwest Closed Junior Championship
- Rufer, Keane key Lancers' victory over Brookfield East
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team