Madison — The Madison Area Sports Commission (MASC) would like to announce a world-class sporting event that will be coming to Madison in late August 2014.
The Tug of War International Federation World Championship, hosted by MASC, will be held at Olin Park from August 28-31. The MASC will host teams from across the U.S. as well as teams from abroad. Canada, Netherlands, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, South Africa, Basque Region of Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Latvia and many more.
The competition will have an Open clubs team event on Thursday, Aug. 28, and Friday, Aug. 29. The National Team competition will begin on Saturday, Aug. 30 and conclude on Aug. 31.
"This is the type of event that fits Madison perfectly," Jamie Patrick Director of Sports Sales and Program Development for MASC said. "With the grounds of Olin Park and Lake Monona serving as a beautiful backdrop for these competitions, we're delighted to be able to host so many different teams from around the world in our community."
MASC is the greater Madison area's official sports marketing organization. Launched by the Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau, MASC is charged with elevating the recognition and awareness of the impact of sports tourism on the regional economy while serving the unique needs of the sports tourism business.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central soccer team blanks Brookfield East, 6-0
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield East's Kim Leupold resigns as girls cross-country coach
- Brookfield Academy: May 1, 2016
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs beat Hartland in Land O'Lakes opener
- Boys tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team ranked sixth in state
- Boys Track and Field: Brookfield East boys win North Star Classic Track and Field Invite