Madison — The Madison Area Sports Commission (MASC) would like to announce a world-class sporting event that will be coming to Madison in late August 2014.
The Tug of War International Federation World Championship, hosted by MASC, will be held at Olin Park from August 28-31. The MASC will host teams from across the U.S. as well as teams from abroad. Canada, Netherlands, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, South Africa, Basque Region of Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Latvia and many more.
The competition will have an Open clubs team event on Thursday, Aug. 28, and Friday, Aug. 29. The National Team competition will begin on Saturday, Aug. 30 and conclude on Aug. 31.
"This is the type of event that fits Madison perfectly," Jamie Patrick Director of Sports Sales and Program Development for MASC said. "With the grounds of Olin Park and Lake Monona serving as a beautiful backdrop for these competitions, we're delighted to be able to host so many different teams from around the world in our community."
MASC is the greater Madison area's official sports marketing organization. Launched by the Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau, MASC is charged with elevating the recognition and awareness of the impact of sports tourism on the regional economy while serving the unique needs of the sports tourism business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Big 4th quarter sparks Brookfield Central victory
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team pulls away in fourth quarter
- Big 4th quarter sparks BC victory
- Central boys pull away in fourth quarter
- Brookfield Central wrestlers defeat Spartans
- Brookfield/Cathoic Memorial Stars split two games on weekend
- Brookfield-Elm Grove sports notes: Dec. 18, 2014
- Smith's basket closes out Brookfield East win over Bulldogs