Brookfield Central dropped a 4-2 decision to Sussex Hamilton today and Brookfield East beat West Allis Hale, 6-4, and both teams will finish up tomorrow in the Greater Metro Conference's third and final day.
The Spartans, who are 2-0 in two 7:30 am games this week, will meet Oak Creek (1-1) at 10 am. The Lancers (1-1) will face the loser of today's semi-final game between MUHS and Menomonee Falls.
Sophomore Jake Smith and junior Alex McGuire stopped Hale, 6-2, holding the Huskies to seven hits, three by Mials McMurray. McGuire came on in the sixth and worked 1 2/3 shutout innings.
Junior Andrew Holmes smashed a two-run single and scored on the shortstop's error as East scored three runs in the fourth.
In the seventh, East added three runs after Hale cut the score to 3-2. Senior Brad Carstens had a sacrifice fly and then sophomore Zach Breider ripped a two-run single.
Central's offense continues to limp along, as the Lancers dropped a 4-2 decision to Tony Gammon and the Chargers. Central now has averaged two runs in their two GMC Tourney games.
Hamilton scored three unearned runs in the fourth inning as shortstop Riley Richarz made an error on a routine grounder with two outs and two runners on base, opening the door for the Chargers. One run scored on the error and two more scored on a two-run single by senior Trent Metzger.
In the 7th, Central loaded the bases with no outs and scored when Matt Ausloos was hit by a pitch. Richarz then ripped a shot headed for left field, but 3B Mitch Hlava backhanded the ball before it hit the ground and tagged third to double off the runner. Jonathan Keane then flew out to right to end the game.
Central has dropped four of five games as their offense has disappeared.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield East rolls over Menomonee Falls behind Sam Santiago-Lloyd's four TDs
- Brookfield East rolls over Falls, 38-0, to clinch playoff berth
- Brookfield Central football crushes Marquette, 52-20
- Central wins 4 straight GMC titles
- BROOKFIELD ACADEMY SPORTS OCT. 1
- Brookfield Sports Shorts: Oct. 1, 2015
- Brookfield East football team takes down Red Raiders
- Brookfield Central Homecoming game a happy one
- Brookfield East volleyball team goes 4-3 at West Bend Sprawl