Brookfield Central sets summer basketball camps
Brookfield Central will have three Brookfield Youth basketball camps this summer: a skills camp (June 16-20, grades four through nine, $125), a scoring camp (June 23-26, grades three through 12, $60) and a position camp (June 30-July 3, grades three through 12, $60).
Coach Dan Wandrey and his staff (coaches, past and current players) will head up the camps.
For further information on registration, call (262) 785-3910 or email Wandrey at Wandreyd@elmbrookschools.org.
Sotiros finishes UW-Parkside softball career
Former Brookfield East softball player Lexi Sotiros recently finished her University of Wisconsin-Parkside softball career.
She batted .274 this season with a .265 career mark, all after being turned into a left-handed hitter her freshman year after batting right-handed her entire career.
Her .973 fielding mark at second base is third all-time at UW-Parkside.
LOL Old Timers golf outing fundraiser June 12
The Land O' Lakes Old-Timers Association Annual Golf Outing will be at 9 a.m. June 12 at Songbird Hills Golf Club.
This is an annual fundraiser to support the Land O' Lakes Old-Timers Association to help cover the cost of supporting local Little League baseball teams. The money raised from this fundraiser also keeps the Land O' Lakes Hall of Fame operational.
Call or email Bill Majeskie at (262) 695-0164 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about registration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Around Town: Sept. 18
- Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 18
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Sept. 18
- Young Brookfield Central Lancer spikers rally to beat East girls
- Sports Notes: Sept. 11
- Brookfield Central runners win Rocket Invite
- Football: Resilient East has enough in low-scoring victory
- Sports Wraps: swimming, tennis, golf, soccer, volleyball and cross country
- Brookfield Academy Roundup: Sept. 18