The Brookfield Central and Brookfield East golf teams moved on to the Mukwonago Sectional at Edgewood on June 3, one step from next week's state tournament.
Central, which is ranked eighth in the state, shot a 322, and East had a 331. Menomonee Falls (336) and Wauwatosa East/West (342) also made the cut. Nicolet (346), West Allis Hale (356) and West Allis Central (389) saw their seasons come to an end.
Central senior Eddie Wajda, as he has for most of the season, was medalist with a 75.
Central senior Matt Maus and sophomore Sean Yun tied for fourth with junior Chris Vitale of Brookfield East with 80s.
Junior Troy Henning of East tied for eighth (82), and freshman Jude Shafer of East tied for 11th with an 84.
Sophomore Lucas Moyer of East tied for 13th with an 85, and freshman Brandon Talaska tied for 17th with an 87.
Junior Matt Hodges of Central and sophomore Jacob Taylor of East tied for 20th with 90s.
The top two teams and top three individuals who are not on the top two teams will advance from the sectionals to state.
The state tournament will be played at University Ridge in Madison on June 9-10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Whitefish Bay hands Lancers, Kennedy opening-night defeat
- Former Brookfield co-op hockey player Robby Fosdick advances up the ranks
- Brookfield Library recommendations: Aug. 21
- Brookfield East faces questions, but answers close by
- Brookfield East swimmers should be strong
- Elm Grove Tennis Club has successful junior tourney
- Kennedy takes over helm at Brookfield Central
- Brookfield East golfers returning four starters
- Brookfield Central golfers seek third straight GMC title