The Brookfield Central and Brookfield East golf teams moved on to the Mukwonago Sectional at Edgewood on June 3, one step from next week's state tournament.
Central, which is ranked eighth in the state, shot a 322, and East had a 331. Menomonee Falls (336) and Wauwatosa East/West (342) also made the cut. Nicolet (346), West Allis Hale (356) and West Allis Central (389) saw their seasons come to an end.
Central senior Eddie Wajda, as he has for most of the season, was medalist with a 75.
Central senior Matt Maus and sophomore Sean Yun tied for fourth with junior Chris Vitale of Brookfield East with 80s.
Junior Troy Henning of East tied for eighth (82), and freshman Jude Shafer of East tied for 11th with an 84.
Sophomore Lucas Moyer of East tied for 13th with an 85, and freshman Brandon Talaska tied for 17th with an 87.
Junior Matt Hodges of Central and sophomore Jacob Taylor of East tied for 20th with 90s.
The top two teams and top three individuals who are not on the top two teams will advance from the sectionals to state.
The state tournament will be played at University Ridge in Madison on June 9-10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Mystery Photo: July 31
- Library Recommendations: July 31
- Brookfield Bulldogs second in Wisconsin Amateur Baseball Classic tourney
- Big innings lead to two Brookfield Blue Sox wins
- Tug of War World Championship will be in Madison from Aug. 28-31
- Several contributed to Lancers' state baseball championship
- Central beats Plymouth in state semifinal
- Lancers win fourth state baseball championship
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2