The Brookfield Central and Brookfield East golf teams moved on to the Mukwonago Sectional at Edgewood on June 3, one step from next week's state tournament.
Central, which is ranked eighth in the state, shot a 322, and East had a 331. Menomonee Falls (336) and Wauwatosa East/West (342) also made the cut. Nicolet (346), West Allis Hale (356) and West Allis Central (389) saw their seasons come to an end.
Central senior Eddie Wajda, as he has for most of the season, was medalist with a 75.
Central senior Matt Maus and sophomore Sean Yun tied for fourth with junior Chris Vitale of Brookfield East with 80s.
Junior Troy Henning of East tied for eighth (82), and freshman Jude Shafer of East tied for 11th with an 84.
Sophomore Lucas Moyer of East tied for 13th with an 85, and freshman Brandon Talaska tied for 17th with an 87.
Junior Matt Hodges of Central and sophomore Jacob Taylor of East tied for 20th with 90s.
The top two teams and top three individuals who are not on the top two teams will advance from the sectionals to state.
The state tournament will be played at University Ridge in Madison on June 9-10.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes third in GMC Tournament