The week began on a high note for the Brookfield Central boys tennis team, with wins over Menomonee Falls, Germantown and West Allis.
After having a match at Sheboygan North canceled because of the weather on May 12, the Lancers beat Falls, 7-0, on May 13 at home in the first of two Greater Metro Conference matches.
Singles winners were Danny Schoen (6-0, 6-1), Sam Liu (6-0, 6-1), Brian Zhu (6-3, 6-1) and Phil Akeishi (6-1, 6-0). Doubles winners were Tarun Jella/Carlos Flores Komatsu (6-0, 6-1), David Nemcek/Saad Khan (6-1, 6-3) and Mark Conti/Nathan Wang (6-0, 6-1).
Central then beat Germantown, 6-1, on May 14 at home in a nonconference match.
Schoen (6-4, 6-0), Gunther Treis (6-2, 6-1), Liu (6-3, 6-0) and Sam Schreiner (6-0, 6-0) took singles, and Henry Mirsberger/Peterson (6-7 (3), 6-3, 6-1) and Royce Wagg/Nemcek (6-1, 6- 4) won at doubles.
Then at West Allis Hale against the co-op on May 15, they won, 6-1.
Treis (6-2, 6-1), Schreiner (6-4, 6-1) and Khan (6-1, 6-0) won singles and sweeping doubles were Jella/Flores Komatsu (6-0, 6-0), Mirsberger/Peterson (6-1, 6-1) and Nemcek/Wagg (6-1, 6-0).
The Lancers finished the week in the Manitowoc Lincoln Invitational on May 17, going 1-2.
The Lancers beat Green Bay Southwest in the opener, 5-2, and then lost to two of the state's top teams, Homestead and Marquette by 7-0 scores.
Against Southwest Liu (6-1, 6-0) and Schreiner (6-3, 6-0) won at third and fourth singles, while Jella/Flores Komatsu (6-0), Mirsberger/Peterson (6-0, 6-0) and Nemcek/Wagg (7-5, 6-3) swept doubles.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- DSHA sweeps Lancers, earning a 49-34 sectional semifinal win
- Brookfield East boys battle Marquette down to the end in loss
- Greendale girls basketball team narrowly falls to Cudahy in regional championship
- Liebl has Brookfield Central Lancers girls basketball team playing well at the right time
- Holz finishes just short of medals for Falls wrestlers
- Sports Notes: March 5
- Germantown's Szohr learns from finishing fourth in state wrestling
- Brauer, Busch step up for Brookfield Central down the stretch
- Brewers launch new podcast