Brookfield Academy's baseball team lost 11-4 to University School of Milwaukee on May 14, their conference loss of the year and their second loss overall. Senior Nate Stolte hit a two-run home run in the first inning, and fellow senior Sam Meier added a solo blast in the sixth inning. Freshmen Taylor Just and Ryan Kolasinski also added two hits apiece. Junior Chris Bartelt fired 22/3 shutout innings of relief to finish the game.
The Knights were rained out of two other games, which have been rescheduled for the week of May 26.
— Bradley Star,
The BA golf team had a very busy week, beginning with the Wisconsin PGA High School Invitational at River Club of Mequon on May 13. The team finished eighth with a score of 349 in this 18-hole event. Senior Daniel Romero fired an 84, while fellow seniors Sean Clarey and Troy Zimmermann shot 87 and 88, respectively.
Two days later, BA competed in a nine-hole conference meet at St. John's Golf Course. BA finished third, with Clarey and Zimmermann both firing a 42 and freshman Alex Zhu carding a 45.
Next was an 18-hole conference tournament May 16 at Washington County Golf Course. The team achieved a commanding victory with a team score of 318, claiming the Midwest Classic Conference Championship.
Zimmermann tied for first individually with a score of 76, while seniors Liam McCarty and Romero finished with 77 and 78. McCarty and Romero captured first team all-conference honors, while Zimmermann was named to second team all-conference.
On May 17, the team competed in the Waukesha County Golf Championship, a 20-team event featuring the best schools in the area. The team finished with a respectable collective score of 349. McCarty and Romero both fired 80, and Zimmermann shot 83.
The team looks forward to the regional tournament May 27.
— Troy Zimmermann,
After being rained out of their May 12 game, the Blue Knights played Living Word Lutheran on May 14, winning 10-0. Junior Claire Lo and sophomore Lucy Patch each had hat tricks (scoring three goals in one game). Seniors Grace Beagle and Issy Ricci and sophomores Jennie Novak and Keelin Watters also scored.
The Knights hosted Milwaukee Lutheran the next day. They were down 3-1 by the time they found their rhythm and lost 3-2. Lo and sophomore Emily Catlin scored.
— Samantha Dieck,
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- College Volleyball: Brookfield's Leitermann on UW-Oshkosh's National Title Team
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East tennis team beats Eau Claire, Arrowhead, Neenah
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central's tennis team beats Indian Trail, West Allis Central, then wins own tournament
- GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Brookfield Central's girls track and field team wins Union Grove, Wisconsin Lutheran Invites
- Brookfield Academy: April 28
- Boys basketball: Matt Malett resigns as Brookfield East boys basketball coach
- Softball: Brookfield East softball team beats Tosa West for first victory