East finished seventh at the 21-team Greendale Panther Invitational on May 2 closing out a solid week.
Troy Henning and Chris Vitale led the way, each shooting an 82. Right behind them were Jacob Taylor (83), Jude Shafer (84) and Lucas Moyer (91).
"I was happy to see Jude and Jacob play well," said coach Chris Minchk. "They are really close to posting a round in the 70s. As the greens keep getting better, we'll start to make a few more putts during our rounds.
"Troy and Chris keep battling, but they're giving away too many shots around the greens. Once they start making adjustments around the greens, they'll start to score."
'Best Ball' Invite
At the 24-team Brookfield Central 'Best Ball' Invitational on April 30 at Wanaki Golf Course, the Spartans finished 13th with a 338 total.
Henning (83), Vitale (84), Taylor (85), Moyer (99) and Shafer (86) were the East golfers.
"Jude and Jacob have come a long way from the beginning of the season, and they still have quite a bit of room for improvement," Minchk said. "Ball striking is improving, but we still need to shore up our play around the greens. We're giving away too many shots around the green with poor chips or too many three putts. That'll be our focus going forward.
"Troy and Chris are really close to breaking out. They're both talented enough to shoot in the 70s at Wanaki. They'll have a couple more opportunities at Wanaki to prove it to themselves."
East finished fourth April 28 in the first Greater Metro Conference mini-meet at Blue Mound Golf Course and Country Club, shooting a 174.
Central and MUHS tied for first (151), with the Lancers earning the win with the tiebreaker. Hamilton took third (154). Menomonee Falls (176), Tosa (176), West Allis Hale (179) and West Allis Central (200) rounded out the scoring.
Shafer had a 41 followed by Henning (43), Moyer (44), Vitale (46) and Taylor (47).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East's Bullen, Carr key GMC Outdoor title
- Brookfield East girls track team earns second straight triple crown
- Brookfield Central baseball team returns nine letter winners
- Brookfield Central girls earn 10 top-three finishes at GMC Outdoor
- Brookfield East's Knight pitches one-hit victory
- Brookfield Central boys finish third in GMC tennis
- Brookfield East boys tennis team finishes second in GMC
- Staszkiewicz sparks Brookfield Central girls soccer team to huge win
- Brookfield East has plenty of talent returning on diamond