East finished seventh at the 21-team Greendale Panther Invitational on May 2 closing out a solid week.
Troy Henning and Chris Vitale led the way, each shooting an 82. Right behind them were Jacob Taylor (83), Jude Shafer (84) and Lucas Moyer (91).
"I was happy to see Jude and Jacob play well," said coach Chris Minchk. "They are really close to posting a round in the 70s. As the greens keep getting better, we'll start to make a few more putts during our rounds.
"Troy and Chris keep battling, but they're giving away too many shots around the greens. Once they start making adjustments around the greens, they'll start to score."
'Best Ball' Invite
At the 24-team Brookfield Central 'Best Ball' Invitational on April 30 at Wanaki Golf Course, the Spartans finished 13th with a 338 total.
Henning (83), Vitale (84), Taylor (85), Moyer (99) and Shafer (86) were the East golfers.
"Jude and Jacob have come a long way from the beginning of the season, and they still have quite a bit of room for improvement," Minchk said. "Ball striking is improving, but we still need to shore up our play around the greens. We're giving away too many shots around the green with poor chips or too many three putts. That'll be our focus going forward.
"Troy and Chris are really close to breaking out. They're both talented enough to shoot in the 70s at Wanaki. They'll have a couple more opportunities at Wanaki to prove it to themselves."
East finished fourth April 28 in the first Greater Metro Conference mini-meet at Blue Mound Golf Course and Country Club, shooting a 174.
Central and MUHS tied for first (151), with the Lancers earning the win with the tiebreaker. Hamilton took third (154). Menomonee Falls (176), Tosa (176), West Allis Hale (179) and West Allis Central (200) rounded out the scoring.
Shafer had a 41 followed by Henning (43), Moyer (44), Vitale (46) and Taylor (47).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Academy girls build insurmountable lead in win over Brown Deer
- Brookfield's Locante, Pennow earn sectional gymnastics championships
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central girls shock Generals to keep marching
- Lancers rally to beat Brookfield East in girls basketball regional
- Fond du Lac nips Brookfield/CMH Stars in overtime
- Central boys rally again to beat Indians
- Brookfield Central Lancers beat Bulldogs, ties for second in GMC
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers fall to rival Pewaukee in WIAA state sectional dual meet
- Brookfield East's Dempsey off to state wrestling