Brookfield East girls track and field team finished fourth out of nine teams at the Pre-Prom Party Invitational on May 2 at Wisconsin Lutheran.
Muskego won with 149 points, followed by Franklin (130), Wisconsin Lutheran (98) and the Spartans (86).
Rachel Werking had the only first-place finish, winning the 3200-meter in 11 minutes, 50.93 seconds, while Alisha Harper was next in line, taking second in the long jump (17 feet 6 inches) and taking sixth in the triple jump (34-10).
The 4x200-meter relay finished second (1:48.31) behind Adriana Gibbs, Sierra Fischer, Bullen and Harper.
Allie Bullen finished third in the long jump (16-5½) and eighth in the triple jump (32-10).
The 4x800 relay finished third behind Brianna Mathison, Allyx Kvasnicka, Molly Perkins and Rachel Werking — one of three teams to break the meet record. East finished in 10:10.93, breaking the old mark 10:13.50 set by South Milwaukee on April 27, 2012.
The 4x100 relay finished third (53.35) behind Katie Linhart, Eleni Tongas, Erin Donnelly and Angela Schmidt.
Kvasnicka was fourth in the 800 (2:29.30), and Erin Ditter was fourth in the 200 (28.58).
The 4x400 relay was fifth (4:26.98) behind Ashley Johnson, Linhart, Melissa Torbey and Kvasnicka.
Sarah Werking in the 800 (2:30.38), Madi McDonald in the pole vault (8-6) and Tongas in the high jump (tied, 4-8) each finished sixth.
Sierra Fischer finished sixth in the 300 hurdles (52.59), and he tied for eighth in the high jump (4-8).
Four athletes took five seventh places, topped off by Therese Gaines in the shot put (30-8) and the discus (83-1).
Brianna Mathison in the 800 (2:30.98), Maddie Schlei in the 100 hurdles (20.93) and Sarah Werking in the 400 (1:06.61) were also seventh.
Rounding out the scoring was Jalyn Byrd in the 100 (14.10) and Molly Perkins in the 1600 (5:57.74), who both finished eight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- DSHA sweeps Lancers, earning a 49-34 sectional semifinal win
- Brookfield East boys battle Marquette down to the end in loss
- Greendale girls basketball team narrowly falls to Cudahy in regional championship
- Liebl has Brookfield Central Lancers girls basketball team playing well at the right time
- Holz finishes just short of medals for Falls wrestlers
- Sports Notes: March 5
- Germantown's Szohr learns from finishing fourth in state wrestling
- Brauer, Busch step up for Brookfield Central down the stretch
- Brewers launch new podcast