Brookfield East boys second to Menomonee Falls at Hamilton Invite
Spartans win four events
Brookfield East finished second to Menomonee Falls in a battle of the top two teams in the Greater Metro Conference in the Hamilton Invitational on April 23 at Sussex.
The Spartans had three individuals and a relay team take first place and four runner-up spots.
Ryan Dundun in the 400-meter dash (personal best, 51.96 seconds) and Stephen Browne in the 800-run (2 minutes, 2.14 seconds) won their events.
In the field events, Glen Harold took first in the pole vault (15-0), and the 4x200-meter relay also won their event (1:33.36) behind Mario Carr, Drew Bullen, Mitch Mikulsky and Zech Copeland.
Chad Kluender finished second in the pole vault (13 feet), and Copeland was second in the 110 hurdles (15.12).
Two relay teams also finished runner-up — the 4x800 relay (8:52.24) behind Peter Kuenzle, Quinn Hynduik, Sam McTaggart and Alex McTaggart and the 4x400 relay (3.32.33) behind Dundun, Bullen, Nick Krueger and Tommy Schwarz.
The Spartans had three fourth-place performances in the field events.
Corey Smith was fourth in the high jump (PR, 5-10), Mike Mueller fourth in the long jump (19-6) and Will Wiemero fourth in the discus (PR, 134-3).
Carr placed in two events, taking fifth in the 110 hurdles (16.12) and sixth in the 300 hurdles (42.65).
McTaggert in the 3200 (10:43.29) and Jack Leonovicz in the shot put (44-8) both placed fifth.
Harry Britton placed sixth in the shot (43-3), and Josh Dempsey was seventh in the pole vault (12-0).
Rounding out the scoring was three eighth-place performances by Nick Krueger in the 1600 (4:57.43), Andrew Pelto in the 800 (2:05.06) and Michah Childs in the shot (PR, 43-0).
Men's results: 1. Menomonee Falls (118), 2. Brookfield East (110), 3. Kettle Moraine (100), 4. Waukesha West (68), 5. New Berlin Eisenhower (48), 6. Sussex-Hamilton (43), 6. New Berlin West (43), 8. Brookfield Central (37), 9. Milwaukee King (35), 10. Pewaukee (34) 11. Waukesha North (25), 12. The Prairie School (17).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend
- East rushes for 434 yards in win over Popes
- Brookfield East soccer team looking to defend title
- Lueck does it again, wins fourth straight game for Bulldogs: Brookfield Bulldogs back in LOL Grand Championships
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Brookfield East Spartans
- Brookfield Academy football team should be contenders