Brookfield Central's boys tennis team got a year of experience under their belt last season, but the Lancers still don't have a senior in the starting lineup.
Returning are No. 1 singles player junior Danny Schoen, No. 2 singles sophomore Gunther Treis and No. 4 singles sophomore Carlos Flores Komatsu.
Doubles returnees are junior Tarun Jella, half of last year's No. 1 doubles team, and No. 2 doubles team Henry Mirsberger/Ben Peterson, both sophomores.
Two junior alternates, Brad Bartelt and Sam Liu, also are back.
Coach Dave Steinbach has seven varsity newcomers to work with: sophomores Sam Schreiner and Saad Kahn and juniors David Nemcek, Royce Wagg, Nathan Wang, Brian Zhu and Mark Conti.
Central was third in the Greater Metro Conference (5-2) behind Brookfield East and Marquette. They were 20-5 overall.
"We have quite a few returnees who were very young last year," Steinbach said. "But we have no seniors in the starting lineup again. We're still young but more experienced. We'll try to reload."
The Lancers take part in the Cedarburg Tournament on Saturday and then travel to Brookfield East to take on the powerful Spartans on Thursday, May 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Aug. 28
- Around Town: Aug. 28
- Brookfield East kickers off to fast start
- Brookfield Central Lancer netters have young talent
- Brookfield East netters 11th at own invitational
- Weller named Brookfield East wrestling coach
- Werking returns to lead Brookfield East girl runners
- Brookfield East Spartans rush to 48-13 opening win