The Brookfield Central boys, coming off their best season ever, handed out honors at their annual banquet Sunday.
The awards were voted on by coaches and players.
To no one's surprise, senior guard Riley LaChance earned Most Valuable Player honors and also was named team captain.
The next three awards were shared by two players each.
The Most Improved Award went to Caleb Mortag and Brad Newman.
The Best Defender Award went to senior guards Terry Wallen and Gunnar Malensek.
The Best Practice Player Award was shared by Newman and Matt Reiels.
The Best Player off the Bench went to Malensek, and the Most Inspirational Award went to Newman.
The Lancers landed all five starters on the All-Greater Metro Conference Team.
LaChance, Newman and Elijah Goodman made first team, Mortag was second team and Wallen was honorable mention.
The senior Scholar-Athlete Awards went to Wallen, Malensek, Jack Knetter, Drew Peterson and Luke Rasmussen.
Central will graduate 11 seniors: LaChance, Goodman, Newman, Mortag, Wallen, Malensek, Peterson, Knetter, Zach Tichelaar, A.J. Taylor, Matt Reiels.
"This is one of the great senior classes," coach Mark Adams said. "Their leadership was outstanding. They embraced what we preached by buying into the tradition. All said and done, they left a legacy the right way; there were no short cuts.
"They had commitment and hard work. Nothing was going to come any other way."
The Lancers finished with a 24-1 record, the only Central team to win the title with a 14-0 record. They won the regional and then lost to Milwaukee King in overtime in the sectional semifinal.
"I told them it was more about cherishing the journey and process, not to focus on the last game," Adams said. "They will go down as the greatest boys basketball team in the history of the school.
"They are the best and most talented team I ever coached. They left a list of records that will go untouched."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes second in GMC Tournament
- SPORTS SHORTS MAY 26
- BROOKFIELD ACADEMY MAY 26
- Football: Ben Farley named new Brookfield East football coach (1)
- Boys Track: Brookfield East boys win GMC Outdoor and Triple Crown