New Berlin Eisenhower's boys scored 65 points and won their indoor track opener at the New Berlin West Viking Invite on March 19.
New Berlin West (42), Germantown (40), Mukwonago (37) and East Troy (7) rounded out the scoring in the opener.
"This was a great start for our boys and girls and the first team victory for the Eisenhower boys in about 10 years," coach Billy Simon said. "I'm very happy with the effort and enthusiasm across the board.
"Our returners really stepped up and showed the new kids the right way to prepare for competition and the first-year athletes showed everyone that they are hungry and ready to contribute. This group has a ton of potential, and I am excited to see how far they can go."
Sean Broihier and Brian Schafer were two-time winners.
Broihier won the long jump with a personal record of 20 feet, 4 inches, the second longest leap in school history. He also won the 55-meter dash with a personal record (6.65).
Schafer won the 1600 run (PR, 4:56.78) and 3200 (11:24.75).
Three relay teams also won their events.
The 960 relay took first behind Nick Taylor, Broihier, Alex Vlaj and Brett Green (2:06.13).
The 1600 relay behind Matt Kizaric, Green, Quinn Thompson and Nick Buban took first place (3:50.61).
The 640 relay behind Joey Scaffidi, Sean Bruders, Jake Rastas and Sean Moore also won with a time of 1:22.77.
Sam Schwab took second in the high jump (PR, 5-10) and Steve Zaborowski was second in the 1600 (PR, 5:08.19).
Noah Fetherston was second in the 3200 (PR, 11:34.16) and Taylor took second in the 55 dash (PR, 6.78).
The 3200 relay of Scaffidi, Kizaric, Sean Simpson and Buban finished second (9:13.94).
Then on Saturday, the Lions participated in the Lake Michigan Invite at Carthage College, but the boys' results were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Lancers nip Plymouth, 2-1, move on to state finals
- Brookfield Central Lancers make first trip to state baseball since 2001
- Catholic Memorial ends Spartans season with 4-2 regional victory
- Lancers win sectional title, first trip to state since 2001
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Baseball: Spartans give CMH a push, but Crusaders prevail
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5
- Brookfield bulldogs crush Hartland but lose to West Bend
- Brookfield East baseball team enjoys early starting times