Brookfield Central will host the boys basketball WIAA Division 2 Sectional No. 4 at 1 p.m. Saturday.
At 7 p.m. March 6, first-seed Wisconsin Lutheran (22-2) of the Wisconsin Little Ten Conference will face Milwaukee Pius XI (19-5) of the Woodland Conference West Division at Brown Deer.
On the other side of the bracket, first-seed Milwaukee Bradley Tech (17-7) of the Milwaukee City Conference will face No. 2 Pewaukee (17-7) of the Woodland Conference West Division at Greenfield.
The winners of those matches will meet at 1 p.m. Saturday for the WIAA Division 2 Sectional No. 4 Championship and a chance to go to next weekend.
Wisco (14-0) and Pius XI (14-3) both won their conferences. Ryan Walz coaches the Vikings, and Joel Claassen heads up the Popes.
Bradley Tech (6-5) finished tied for sixth in conference play, and Pewaukee was third (12-5). Anthony Houston coaches the Trojans, and Mike Basile heads the Pirates.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Mystery Photo: July 31
- Library Recommendations: July 31
- Brookfield Bulldogs second in Wisconsin Amateur Baseball Classic tourney
- Big innings lead to two Brookfield Blue Sox wins
- Tug of War World Championship will be in Madison from Aug. 28-31
- Several contributed to Lancers' state baseball championship
- Central beats Plymouth in state semifinal
- Lancers win fourth state baseball championship
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2