Brookfield Central started fast and rolled to an 80-42 win over Milwaukee South on Saturday in the Lancers final home game of the season, as Riley LaChance finished with 28 points, 24 in the first half.
The Lancers (24-0) will now play second-seeded Milwaukee King (22-2) on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Brookfield East. King beat Milwaukee Riverside, 76-61, on Saturday night.
Central led, 22-6, against South after one quarter and 42-13 at intermission as LaChance scored 8 in the first quarter and had 16 of Central's 20 second-quarter points.
Central cooled off in the second half, but still outscored the Cardinals, 38-29, in the second half.
South had a small rally which cut the lead to 47-23, but Central closed out the third quarter with a 12-4 run with 6 points coming from Elijah Goodman, 4 from Caleb Mortag and two from a basket by Brad Newman for a 59-28 lead after three quarters.
The Lancers - with reserves playing on both sides - closed out the game with a 10-0 run.
Four players finished in double figures - LaChance (28), Goodman and Newman (14 each) and Mortag (10).
With 2:26 left in the game, the exciting Mortag took a length of the course pass from Goodman, off a rebound, and threw the ball off the backboard, caught it and slammed in through the net as the crowd went wild.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield East rolls over Menomonee Falls behind Sam Santiago-Lloyd's four TDs
- Brookfield East rolls over Falls, 38-0, to clinch playoff berth
- Brookfield Central football crushes Marquette, 52-20
- Central wins 4 straight GMC titles
- BROOKFIELD ACADEMY SPORTS OCT. 1
- Brookfield Sports Shorts: Oct. 1, 2015
- Brookfield East football team takes down Red Raiders
- Brookfield Central Homecoming game a happy one
- Brookfield East volleyball team goes 4-3 at West Bend Sprawl