Salmon's 31 sparks Raiders past Spartans, 50-34
Tosa East wins three of last four games
Senior Katie Salmon scored 31 points to spark Wauwatosa East past Brookfield East, 50-34, on Friday at Tosa East in a Greater Metro Conference game one day before seeding for the post-season.
The win game the Red Raiders (11-9 overall) a 5-8 GMC record, while the Spartans (9-12) fell to 8-5 in league play.
After an ugly first quarter that saw Tosa East lead, 4-1, the Raiders woke up behind Salmon's 15 points and took a 22-3 lead into intermission. Brookfield East outscored Tosa East, 31-28, in the second half, but it was way too late for the Spartans, who continue to show Jekyll-Hyde personality.
Tosa East led 35-19 going into the final period, as Salmon had 9 of her team's 13 third-period points.
Salmon finished with 31 points on 13 field goals and 5-for-6 from the free throw line. Sophomores Bailey Berlin with 11 and Maya Walls with 8 were the only Raiders to score.
Sophomores Angela Pichler and Mariah Miller each had 13 for the Spartans.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Catholic Memorial ends Spartans season with 4-2 regional victory
- Lancers win sectional title, first trip to state since 2001
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Baseball: Spartans give CMH a push, but Crusaders prevail
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5
- Brookfield bulldogs crush Hartland but lose to West Bend
- Brookfield East baseball team enjoys early starting times
- Chargers knock off Brookfield Central in semis
- Brookfield East goes 3-0 in GMC tournament