Salmon's 31 sparks Raiders past Spartans, 50-34
Tosa East wins three of last four games
Senior Katie Salmon scored 31 points to spark Wauwatosa East past Brookfield East, 50-34, on Friday at Tosa East in a Greater Metro Conference game one day before seeding for the post-season.
The win game the Red Raiders (11-9 overall) a 5-8 GMC record, while the Spartans (9-12) fell to 8-5 in league play.
After an ugly first quarter that saw Tosa East lead, 4-1, the Raiders woke up behind Salmon's 15 points and took a 22-3 lead into intermission. Brookfield East outscored Tosa East, 31-28, in the second half, but it was way too late for the Spartans, who continue to show Jekyll-Hyde personality.
Tosa East led 35-19 going into the final period, as Salmon had 9 of her team's 13 third-period points.
Salmon finished with 31 points on 13 field goals and 5-for-6 from the free throw line. Sophomores Bailey Berlin with 11 and Maya Walls with 8 were the only Raiders to score.
Sophomores Angela Pichler and Mariah Miller each had 13 for the Spartans.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East boys cross country team finishes fourth at quad
- Brookfield East Spartans take third in Gusho Tourney
- Brookfield Central makes Devils see red
- Brookfield East Spartans girls volleyball team sixth at Joust Invite
- Brookfield East boys volleyball team has great expectations
- Brookfield East cross country girls second at PT Timing Cross Country quad
- Brookfield East kicker Allen's four field goals boots Beaver Dam
- Central third in Lancer Invitational