Salmon's 31 sparks Raiders past Spartans, 50-34
Tosa East wins three of last four games
Senior Katie Salmon scored 31 points to spark Wauwatosa East past Brookfield East, 50-34, on Friday at Tosa East in a Greater Metro Conference game one day before seeding for the post-season.
The win game the Red Raiders (11-9 overall) a 5-8 GMC record, while the Spartans (9-12) fell to 8-5 in league play.
After an ugly first quarter that saw Tosa East lead, 4-1, the Raiders woke up behind Salmon's 15 points and took a 22-3 lead into intermission. Brookfield East outscored Tosa East, 31-28, in the second half, but it was way too late for the Spartans, who continue to show Jekyll-Hyde personality.
Tosa East led 35-19 going into the final period, as Salmon had 9 of her team's 13 third-period points.
Salmon finished with 31 points on 13 field goals and 5-for-6 from the free throw line. Sophomores Bailey Berlin with 11 and Maya Walls with 8 were the only Raiders to score.
Sophomores Angela Pichler and Mariah Miller each had 13 for the Spartans.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Defending champs open playoffs on strong note
- King ends Lancers season for second year in a row, 77-74
- Salmon's 22 points sparks Tosa East's win over West Allis Hale
- Adams proud of Lancers' senior class
- Central to host D2 finals Saturday
- Home Sweet Home for Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: March 6
- USM ends Stars' season
- Pennow heading to gymnastics state tournament