Brookfield Barracudas swimmers qualify in seven events
Four individual and three relays off to state
The Brookfield Barracudas qualified in four individual events and three relays for this Saturday's WIAA State Swimming & Diving Championship at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium in Madison.
Senior Brian Borden qualified in four events, two individual and two relays at Saturday's Cedarburg Sectionals.
He was first in the 200-yard IM in 1 minute, 57.08 seconds and fourth in the 100 breaststroke (1:01.21).
He was also part of the 400 free relay of sophomore Connor Rumpit, senior Dean Zheng and freshman Ben Attenburger (3:19.78) as well as the 200 free relay of Borden, junior Dan Lee, Rumpit and Zheng (1:31.37).
Rumpit qualified in two relays and was second in the 500 free (4:49.62).
Besides being part of the 400 free relay and the 200 free relay, he also was a member of the 200 medley relay with sophomore Tomer Korbelnikov, Lee and Zheng (1:42.60).
Attenburger also qualified in the 200 IM (2:01.66).
Arrowhead (371) ran away with the sectional title, beating out Cedarburg (306). Brookfield (267) and Wauwatosa (253) were third and fourth out of 12 teams.
Other finishers were Nicolet (217), Menomonee Falls/ Germantown/Hamilton (215), Homestead (200), West Bend East (175), Hartford Union (66), West Bend West (44), Watertown (36) and Milwaukee Madison/Career/Languages/NW/Marshall (10).
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central soccer team blanks Brookfield East, 6-0
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield East's Kim Leupold resigns as girls cross-country coach
- Brookfield Academy: May 1, 2016
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs beat Hartland in Land O'Lakes opener
- Boys tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team ranked sixth in state
- Boys Track and Field: Brookfield East boys win North Star Classic Track and Field Invite