Brookfield Barracudas swimmers qualify in seven events
Four individual and three relays off to state
The Brookfield Barracudas qualified in four individual events and three relays for this Saturday's WIAA State Swimming & Diving Championship at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium in Madison.
Senior Brian Borden qualified in four events, two individual and two relays at Saturday's Cedarburg Sectionals.
He was first in the 200-yard IM in 1 minute, 57.08 seconds and fourth in the 100 breaststroke (1:01.21).
He was also part of the 400 free relay of sophomore Connor Rumpit, senior Dean Zheng and freshman Ben Attenburger (3:19.78) as well as the 200 free relay of Borden, junior Dan Lee, Rumpit and Zheng (1:31.37).
Rumpit qualified in two relays and was second in the 500 free (4:49.62).
Besides being part of the 400 free relay and the 200 free relay, he also was a member of the 200 medley relay with sophomore Tomer Korbelnikov, Lee and Zheng (1:42.60).
Attenburger also qualified in the 200 IM (2:01.66).
Arrowhead (371) ran away with the sectional title, beating out Cedarburg (306). Brookfield (267) and Wauwatosa (253) were third and fourth out of 12 teams.
Other finishers were Nicolet (217), Menomonee Falls/ Germantown/Hamilton (215), Homestead (200), West Bend East (175), Hartford Union (66), West Bend West (44), Watertown (36) and Milwaukee Madison/Career/Languages/NW/Marshall (10).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Wrestling: Brookfield Central wins three of five at Zelinski Duals
- Skiing: Ski team third against area elites
- Girls basketball: Lumps taken by Brookfield East beginning to yield results
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central adjusts to zone, downs Menomonee Falls
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup: Jan. 29
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Brookfield Central girls track
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22
- Elmbrook Swim Club Scorecard Jan. 22
- Brookfield East boys basketball team win five in a row