Lancers crush MUHS, 70-44; Bulldogs next on Saturday
Goodman grabs 25 rebounds, LaChance scores 23
Brookfield Central blew away Marquette University High School, 70-44, after a slow start and now travels to West Allis Central on Saturday for a battle for the Greater Metro Conference Championship.
MUHS led 14-11 after one thanks to four 3-pointers - two each by Jack Barbera and Quin Rowen - against the Lancers 1-3-1 zone. But then Central coach Mark Adams switched to a man-to-man defense and the Hilltoppers were outscored, 19-0, in the second quarter as Central took a 30-14 lead into halftime.
Brookfield then came out and outscore MUHS, 30-13, in the third quarter to roll to a 60-27 lead before Adams cleared the bench in the fourth quarter.
Elijah Goodman, who was physically banged around by MUHS, found time to grab 25 rebounds and just miss the school record, while also scoring 14 points. Riley LaChance, who scored nine points in the first half, finished with 23. Rowen led MUHS with 11.
West Allis Central (9-1) plays at Wauwatosa East on Friday and then hosts the Lancers (19-0) Saturday at 6 p.m. in a makeup game.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Academy
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team beats Marquette behind Bruggink's 31 points
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 4, 2016
- Lineup change leads to victory for Brookfield Central wrestlers
- Brookfield East Junior Spartans set football registration
- 10 college-bound Brookfield student-athletes sign letters of intent
- Girls basketball: BC's lead evaporates against DSHA
- ELMBROOK SWIM CLUB JAN. 28
- Sports Shorts: Jan. 28, 2016