Brookfield Central's 2014 Hall of Fame will welcome seven new members at the Hall of Fame Induction Banquet on May 17 at Westmoor Country Club.
Six athletes and a coach made the grade this year, including four male and two female athletes.
· Robert (Bob) Petruska, Lancers football and baseball coach, 1957-1970. He won six conference championships and a state title.
· Margaret Calvert, Class of 1985, earned eight varsity letters in tennis, basketball and softball and played on three state championship teams.
· Kelly (Svetz) Szesterniak, Class of 1996, earned 12 varsity letters in cross country, basketball and track.
· Charlie Jack, Class of 1966, earned seven letters in basketball and baseball, and was the school's all-time scorer before Riley LaChance passed him this season.
· Scott Kreitmeier, Class of 1990, played soccer and was named the State Player of Year in 1989. Considered the top soccer player in the school's history.
· Tim Rappe, Class of 1972, earned 10 varsity letters in football, basketball, track and baseball.
· Ben Strickland, Class of 2003, earned 11 varsity letters in football, basketball and track.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Aug. 28
- Around Town: Aug. 28
- Brookfield East kickers off to fast start
- Brookfield Central Lancer netters have young talent
- Brookfield East netters 11th at own invitational
- Weller named Brookfield East wrestling coach
- Werking returns to lead Brookfield East girl runners
- Brookfield East Spartans rush to 48-13 opening win