The Brookfield Barracuda rolled over the West Allis Wave, 127-54, on Jan. 29 at West Allis Central and finished the dual meet season unbeaten.
"We had a chance to mix it up a bit and still held off the Wave of West Allis," coach William Twitchell said. "With the victory at West Allis we secured an undefeated dual meet season. The seniors, Brian Borden, Michael Flatley, Jeff Teng, Dean Zeng and Tyler Patt showed a fair amount of emotion as they finished their dual meet careers for the Barracuda."
The Barracudas won all 11 events, winning three relays and eight swimming events. Borden, Ben Everson and Zheng were on two winning relays and Borden and Zheng also won individual events.
The 200-yard medley relay behind Borden, Everson, Hantao Jing and Flatley took first with a time of 1 minute, 47.64 seconds.
Then Daniel Lee won the 200 freestyle (1:53.69), Connor Rumpit won the 200 IM (2:09.93) and Stuart Gildea won the 50 free (24.77).
Borden won the 100 butterfly (57.28), while Corey Li won the 100 free (56.32) and Zheng won the 500 free (5:19.40).
The 200 free relay of Jing, Tomer Korbelnikov, Zheng and Borden won in 1:36.41.
Max Schroeder won the 100 backstroke (1:02.06) and Teng won the 100 breaststroke (1:10.10).
In the final event, the 400 free relay of Zheng, Lee, Everson and Rumpit won their event (3:33.20).
The Barracudas will now take part in the Greater Metro/Classic 8 Conference Championships at Waukesha South on Feb. 8. Diving begins at 10 a.m. and swimming at 1:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Corwin to be inducted into tennis HOF
- Sports Shorts: March 13
- Lancers' Adams goes out on top
- Nightmare end to dream season
- Chapter 3: Once again, Lancers vs. DSHA
- Lancer girls defeat defending state champ
- Mark Adams steps down as Lancers boys basketball coach
- Brookfield Academy: March 13
- Girls basketball: Lancer girls edge Riverside, 42-37, to win regional championship