The Brookfield Barracudas took part in two swimming invitationals Saturday, winning the Bob White Invitational at Wauwatosa West and taking sixth out of 11 teams at the Shorewood Invitational.
Brookfield scored 422.5 points to win the Bob White, beating the host Wauwatosa Hurricanes (409) without winning one event.
Connor Rumpit was second in the 200-yard freestyle in 1 minute, 49.45 seconds and third in the 200 individual medley (2:10.84).
Brian Borden was second in both the 100 backstroke (54.53) and breaststroke (1:01.89).
The 400 free relay was second (3:31.99) behind Borden, Richard Hoffman, Ben Attenburger and Daniel Lee.
Attenburger finished third in both the 100 backstroke (57.84) and 100 breast (1:05.06).
The three fourth-place finishes came from the 200 medley relay (1:50.83) behind Tomer Korbelnikov, Jeff Teng, Rumpit and Dean Zheng.
Zheng was fourth in the 50 free (24.29), and Lee was fourth in the 100 breast (1:06.54).
Fifth-place finishes went to the 200 medley 'B' relay (1:54.05) behind Hantao Jing, Ben Everson, Tyler Patt and Andrew Cao; and Richard Hoffman in the 100 back (59.77) and Patt in the 100 breast (1:06.76).
Shorewood won its own invite with 393 points, while Brookfield scored 227.
The Barracudas had two firsts among their seven top-three finishes at the Shorewood Invitational.
Borden won the 200 IM (2:00.01) and took second in the 50 freestyle (22.78).
The other winner was the 200 medley relay of Borden, Attenburger, Lee and Michael Flatley (1:45.59).
The three second-place finishers were Korbelnikov in the 100 backstroke (55.58); Rumpit in the 500 free (4:52.38) and Attenburger in the 200 IM (2:04.33).
The third-place finish went to Korbelnikov, Rumpit, Zheng and Flatley in the 400 free relay (3:27.66).
The Barracudas now host Arrowhead at Brookfield East at 6 p.m. Jan. 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2
- State Champs: Lancers romp to state title, 9-2, over Homestead
- Lancers nip Plymouth, 2-1, move on to state finals
- Brookfield Central Lancers make first trip to state baseball since 2001
- Catholic Memorial ends Spartans season with 4-2 regional victory
- Lancers win sectional title, first trip to state since 2001
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Baseball: Spartans give CMH a push, but Crusaders prevail
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5