Brookfield Central wrestlers third at Plymouth Dual Invite
Team opens week with tough 36-30 loss to Huskies
The Lancers wrestlers lost a 36-30 decision at West Allis Hale on Jan. 9 in a Greater Metro Conference dual meet, their only action of the week.
"The meet went well," coach Chris Demos said. "Hale is the defending conference dual champions, and we had some opportunities to win. In fact we were winning two other matches that ended up not going our way.
"Hale was missing some of their starters, but so were we. All in all, it was a great spectators' dual."
Central got pins from Nolan Edens at 106, Josh Peltier at 138, Matt Patterson at 170 and Jake Giersch at 285.
Central's other points came from Julien Selby at 145, who won by a 6-3 decision and Elliot Currie at 195, who won by a 6-4 decision.
Central placed third (3-2) of eight teams at the Plymouth Wrestling Duals Invitational on Saturday. Wisconsin Rapids (5-0) and Lomira (4-1) finished ahead of the Lancers.
They beat Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah (60-16) as Central had seven pins — Edens (1:53), Derek Nicholas at 126 (0:43), Julien Selby at 145 (1:12), Daniel Rodriguez at 152 (1:46), Currie (4:26), James Wartman at 220 (1:53) and Giersch (1:53) — and three forfeit wins by Alex Espada at 113 and Peter Murphy at 160 and Patterson.
Central beat Milwaukee Pulaski/Arts/Juneau/Ronald Reagan, 60-12.
Winning by pins were Espada, Peltier, Rodriguez, Murphy, Patterson, Steven Pulizos at 182 and Wartman. Ben Olson at 120, Selby and Edens won on forfeit.
Wisconsin Rapids beat Central, 55-15, as Rodriguez had a decision (5-3) and Giersch (0:38) and Olson (1:33) had pins to account for Central's points.
The Lancers defeated Milwaukee Bradley Tech/Carmen, 44-34.
Winning by pins were Jacob Benning at 132, Selby, Edens, Espada and Nicholas. Peltier won by a technical fall (16-0) and Wartman won a decision (8-1) and Olson won on a forfeit.
The Lancers other loss came to Lomira, 38-30. Winning on pins were Olson, Rodriguez and Giersch, Peltier won by a decision (6-0) and Currie won on a forfeit.
The Lancers travel to Marquette for a conference dual at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 16, then take part in the Craig Belcher Invitational at Milwaukee Hamilton at 8 a.m. Jan. 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys basketball: Mirsberger's buzzer-beater gives Brookfield Central a crazy win
- Girls basketball: Spartans can't catch DSHA in standings
- Wrestling: Brookfield Central wins three of five at Zelinski Duals
- Skiing: Ski team third against area elites
- Girls basketball: Lumps taken by Brookfield East beginning to yield results
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central adjusts to zone, downs Menomonee Falls
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup: Jan. 29
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Brookfield Central girls track
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22